Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

S.E. Georgia Hogs!

Old 12-05-2010, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default S.E. Georgia Hogs!

Went hunting yesterday morning on a WMA here in SE Georgia in hopes of getting a deer. Well around 0900 my buddy came up to my stand and found a hog wallow and a bunch of sign. So I got down from the stand and we headed over to this wallow. Sure as heck, there was a huge wallow and the ground was tore up and trees were rubbed on. We were in a dry cypress bottom and they literally left a trail of mud as they walked away. We followed the mud trail another 100yds and we heard loud squealing so we quickly got alongside a cypress tree and waited for them to step out. They stepped out about 60 yards away and I picked out the boar (me on right) and my buddy picked out the sow (on left). We pulled the old 1..2..3..SHOOT and it worked out awesome! My first pig and I am a happy man! The ole 7mm-08 pump with winchester silvertips did its job as I pulled off a head shot. He's around 180 and the sow was 140 or so. Sure was a durn nightmare pulling those hogs out of the woods but well worth it. Cleaned em out, quartered em and they are on ice and we will be cutting em up today. I must tell you that I haven't had that much of a heart pound in many years especially when they squealed so loud and we had a BIG white and black one run right at us! I am definately hooked on hog hunting now. If anyone lives down in the St. Marys or Brunswick area that ever wants to hunt let me know and I will definately go!
Attached Thumbnails S.E. Georgia Hogs!-68496_145722405479911_100001264576437_258891_3399801_n.jpg  
Old 12-05-2010, 06:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the nice hogs.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was in Brunswick for training at FLETC back when hurricane Katrina came through and flooded the lower part of the base and surrounding areas. Myself and few others on the base geared up and chased critters and did we get some!!!!!!! Found more rattlers and cottonmouths than I care to remember!!!!!!!! That and gators!!!! We were not geared to take any home for we had no place to store the meat, but with a few phone calls and a few locals we got the meat taken care and of a few freezers filled up with a good time to boot. We get to go everytime when we come back down for training, which is not often enough!!!!! Good shooting and good time by all.

Last edited by SecondChance; 12-11-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Dominant Buck

I Hunted for years in Ludowici, GA.......