Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
hog hunting from New Orleans? >

hog hunting from New Orleans?

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

hog hunting from New Orleans?

Old 10-27-2010, 04:51 AM
Typical Buck

Go to Pat O'Brians and down a couple Hurricanes,then go to Tropical Isle and do a couple Handgrenades and gaurantee you start seeing hogs where ever you look day or night lol.

sorry couldn't resist
Old 10-28-2010, 03:33 AM
Fork Horn

When I mentioned having a guide, I was referring to you! Sounds like you've got it all pretty well mapped out. Thanks again for all your information on the local laws and hunting regulations. We'll keep in touch-------John
Old 10-28-2010, 04:27 AM
Spike

Ha...maybe I should let the coffee kick in before I start posting on forums.....
Not a problem.....looking forward to it
Old 12-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Ruddyduck
Go to Pat O'Brians and down a couple Hurricanes,then go to Tropical Isle and do a couple Handgrenades and gaurantee you start seeing hogs where ever you look day or night lol.

sorry couldn't resist
Now that is funnny.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Spike

But seriously, Does anyone have any more tips for beginners looking to kill a hog? Coming from New Orleans it looks like Honey Island Swamp is the only bet for those of us without boats. I know the brush is tough, but with a lot of hogs moving mostly at night, can anyone give some pointers, tips, locations, or techniques for stalking hogs in the area? Thanks