Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
I found a good spot to bag a few hogs. >

I found a good spot to bag a few hogs.

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

I found a good spot to bag a few hogs.

Old 08-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Spike

Default I found a good spot to bag a few hogs.

My brother went off roading last night and found a field that hogs have completely destroyed. I went out and set some bait piles out there, I seen tracks everywhere, going to go back in a few days to see what happens.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Fork Horn

Remember, without pictures it didn't happen !!
Old 08-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Spike

man I hope to get one, ive been chasing these things all over this county for over a year now and I have yet to get one. i dont know what im doing wrong. im starting to think its scent. but who knows.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by browningx06
man I hope to get one, ive been chasing these things all over this county for over a year now and I have yet to get one. i dont know what im doing wrong. im starting to think its scent. but who knows.
I dunno. I shot four in each of the past two years. Two in Spring, one in Summer, and one in the Fall. This year I got one on the last day of Winter and haven't seen hide nor hair of a hog since. I don't know where you're located, but here in central Texas the wet Spring we had seems to have created plenty of food and water for hogs. As a result they're not moving much and not ranging for food like they did in the recent past. I keep hoping for improvement, perhaps when Fall comes around.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Spike

I live in the Southeast corner of NC. There are a lot of swamps around here, and I know they are here, I see evidence of them. and hear of people taking them, but ive not had the chance to get one yet.

I went after work to check the bait piles I made the other day. whatever is in that field, hogs I hope, tore that bait up. there is not one piece of corn left, and the spots where I put out the Wild Hog bait, were all rooted through.

im hoping man. Im going to get some more corn Friday probably and some scent blocker stuff. and try that out. im going to try putting the bait out Saturday around 6 or so, and go grab something to eat and get everything situated and head back out for a night hunt.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:39 AM
Spike

If it was me,,,,I would put the bait out in 3-4 different areas close to your stand and then get up in it,,,and wait.
I wouldn't leave and then come back, Stay there.
They should show up just before dark.

If you can put a feeder up with a timer on it, that would hold them there for days. (But im sure you know that) It sounds like you have quite a few to deal with.

Let us know what happens......................