Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
Closest hog hunt to southern Illinois? >

Closest hog hunt to southern Illinois?

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Closest hog hunt to southern Illinois?

Old 07-05-2010, 05:02 AM
Typical Buck

Default Closest hog hunt to southern Illinois?

I was talking to my in-laws yesterday about maybe trying some hog hunting in the future, but I have no idea where to go to find hogs. I'm in south eastern Illinois. Where could I go to find some piggies to hunt without driving across the country?

I'd just like to find a farmer somewhere that would like to rid himself of them, or find some public land to hunt. I'm not interested in paying an outfitter or guide. We are of the poor, do-it-yourself breed

rw
Old 07-05-2010, 05:21 AM
Spike

i have heard there are some at land between the lakes in ky, never been myself tho
Old 07-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

You will need to find public land because I doubt you will find a landowner who is going to let you on their land with the thought of eradicating a hog problem. Too much liability at stake.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check around Shawnee Forest. I have several counterparts that live down there and they are always talking about the hogs down there while out from mushroom hunting to deer and turkey hunting. They always kill a few while doing each. The hunt in Williamson and Union Co.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by bradley300
i have heard there are some at land between the lakes in ky, never been myself tho

I've never seen a Wildhog in LBL, and I spend alot of time there biking and hiking. I have heard that there used to be some, but I've never spoke with anyone, to included the Fish & Wildlife Officers in the area, that have actually seen or heard of any hogs being killed.