Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Wild hogs in IL?

Old 05-06-2010, 07:02 PM
Spike

Default Wild hogs in IL?

Anyone hear of this? I heard last year that wild hogs were spotted entering the state... IDNR doesnt seem to have acknowledged it.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:56 AM
Fork Horn

One of the guys the was teaching for my sisters hunter safety class brought a hog skull in that he found when he was hunting this past fall. this was in central WI so im sure you guys do have some hogs in IL.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

shoot'em if you see'em

who wants hogs here? no one.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:36 AM
Typical Buck

Hog hunting. Just what we need to bring more non-residents in on hunting leases...

No offense to you outta-staters. I can't say too much because if I had no place to hunt here I'd go to another state too. It's just frustrating because it's getting harder for us to hunt where we've been hunting for years due to farmers leasing ground out to out of state hunters.

The topic does put me in the mood for some bacon though I'll keep an eye out for piggies.

rw
Old 05-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I go south to Bowhunt Hogs a couple times a year in the off season-Tx or Ok. & trust me. We don't want them in Ill. or Iowa.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know that some counties in WI have substantial populations of feral pigs. When you look at it so does Kansas, Missouri, and Michigan. Its the old saying if you don't have hogs yet just wait you will some day. They are amazingly adaptable to just about any climate or terrain.