Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

New Toy!

Old 11-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default New Toy!

Well today I found a deal I couldn't turn down. New Bushmaster AR-15 20" Match Barrel with 11 degree crown, two stage match trigger with hood peep sight. So now I'm waiting for my Nikon Pro Staff to show up then it's off to try it on the pigs. I took it out today and shot it using the peep sight, nice and tight. Of course I haven't told the boss I bought it.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! Sounds like a sweet piece.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by P3FE
Well today I found a deal I couldn't turn down. New Bushmaster AR-15 20" Match Barrel with 11 degree crown, two stage match trigger with hood peep sight. So now I'm waiting for my Nikon Pro Staff to show up then it's off to try it on the pigs. I took it out today and shot it using the peep sight, nice and tight. Of course I haven't told the boss I bought it.
I have 1 Catahoula male and 1 Catahoula female!..........Never misses.........

Enjoy your Bushmaster and always be sure of the back stop where you are shooting!

Last edited by Rebel Hog; 11-30-2009 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Of course I haven't told the boss I bought it.
Put a lampshade over the muzzle and tell her that it's a floor lamp for your den.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't forget the 48 hour rule. If the boss doesn't see it in the first 48 hours, you've always had it, they just didn't see it till now.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:47 PM
Fork Horn

sconny, exactly!
Old 12-04-2009, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

I mounted a Nikon Prostaff on my AR-15 and off to the range I went. Now I really like that gun. At 100 yds with my initial handloads I was right at one MOA all the shots where touching, if I did just a three shot group it would be easy sub moa. At 25 yds, which is how far my feeders are from the stands it was clover leafing and one time I had two shots one hole. I use BDC version which is nice because the second mark down is for the 25 yd mark and the cross hairs are set to 100.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Rebel Hog
I have 1 Catahoula male and 1 Catahoula female!..........Never misses.........

Enjoy your Bushmaster and always be sure of the back stop where you are shooting!

I have two as well, both males though, can't wait till they are old enough to get them on some pigs so I can put down the guns for awhile!
Old 12-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

This is the line for the boss- "That old gun? I've had it for years."

Bob