Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

#4 Hog

Old 08-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default #4 Hog

Well my luck is getting better. Right at dark just as my game cam was showing, in they came about 20 of them at one time. No doubt they were coming, sounded like a herd of elephants running thru the woods. The big one was running around the bunch like he was keeping his girls under control. Took him with a 165gr Nosler Ballistic Tip; he was DRT, dead right there. That bullet did a hell of a job. He went an easy 150.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! Pics???
Old 08-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default No pics

No pics, was too dark and the cell phone cam didn't work so well.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh well, would've been nice to see some pics. Congrats anyway!
Old 08-31-2009, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

I heard you shoot andc found your gut pile the next morning. Good job. We got shots but for the first time Todd missed. You would not believe the amount of deer I have right now. it is ridiculous.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hog #4

I don't know whats going on in my area. I only have one deer coming around. Last year we saw deer crossing in my area all the time. Josh was pissed because he had a hog in the crosshairs waiting for it to take one more step when my shot rang out. He told me he saw part of the hogs head and the next thing he saw was the hog'ss ass, hauling ass thru the woods. Gut pile still in the road? Coyotes are slacking.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

You said we. Is Todd the only one who missed? lol
Old 08-31-2009, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by P3FE
I don't know whats going on in my area. I only have one deer coming around. Last year we saw deer crossing in my area all the time. Josh was pissed because he had a hog in the crosshairs waiting for it to take one more step when my shot rang out. He told me he saw part of the hogs head and the next thing he saw was the hog'ss ass, hauling ass thru the woods. Gut pile still in the road? Coyotes are slacking.
Not try to be a jerk but I have never understood this... Why would you leave a gut pile in the road???
Old 09-01-2009, 05:20 AM
Fork Horn

It is on a dirt road not open to the public( private land) behind a locked gate and with the scavengers the gut pile is gone before morning. Otherwise I am discrete about gutting and transporting the animal. I dont like to gut the hogs near my feeders.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by P3FE
It is on a dirt road not open to the public( private land) behind a locked gate and with the scavengers the gut pile is gone before morning. Otherwise I am discrete about gutting and transporting the animal. I dont like to gut the hogs near my feeders.
I see, that's cool. I thought you purposely dumped the guts in the road for some reason. People who do that have always pissed me off. Like they're showing off or maybe just lazy. I grit my teeth when I drive through my home town during deer season and see butchered deer carcasses on the side of the road when the woods are only 10 feet away. Makes me want to punch someone in the face.....