Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Got my skull mount back

Old 08-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Nice hog.

I have done butt loads of euro mounts. Actually, that is the only mounts I have, deer or hogs. I would have had a piece of his butt for not fixing the teeth. He basically boiled it hot, too long, or simply poured out the teeth and did not recover them. Either way, it is fixable. It also looks like he didn’t bleach it properly, or didn’t seal it right. Looks like you are going to get lots of oil leech which will start turning the skull yellow and blotchy. Especially on the lower jaw. Hogs are about the oiliest skulls ive ever done. More so than even a bear. I just hope he cleaned the mylohyoid canal. If not, it will start to stink and the mandible will get real yellow. Also, I hope he sealed the teeth. If not, they will start to split in about a year or so. I would not take another skull to that guy if I were you. Just my 2 cent. H

Please don’t take this as criticism on your behalf. It is a great hog and the mount looks great, I would just be a little concerned on how it was done.

This skull is over 9 years old, notice how it is not yellowing. Well it looks like the top is a bit, but that is just a shadow. And the tusks are still together.

Last edited by burniegoeasily; 08-27-2009 at 12:08 PM.