Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

DIY Hunt In Florida

Old 01-12-2009, 04:30 PM

Default DIY Hunt In Florida

A buddy and I are planning a hog hunt to florida next month and we would liketo do a DIY hunt on private landsomewhere in the Lake Wales to Okeechobee area preferably around Sebring.We are both accomplished deer hunters, observe all laws and are respectable of others property but have neverhunted hogs. We will be doing spot and stalk and hunting from a ground bllind. Any informationas to places to hunt or tips on obtaining permission would be appreciated.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DIY Hunt In Florida

I don't know...but with my father in law in FL now I'm looking for the same thing. My bro and I are lining up hunts in GA ...we'll see how it goes.

Look forward to hearing more from you.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:20 AM
Fork Horn

Near Okeechobee there is Chappys outfitters. They are pretty good and charge 40 bucks for a half day hunt. If you score then it costs 100 dollars more. But for a DIY and just walking into a WMA it is pretty hard to do especially this late in the year. A buddy bowhunts Chappys and he has nothing but good to say about them. They are not a high fence either or import the hogs.

Good luck.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:20 PM

Thanks for the replies. I have heard of Chappys guide service thru the listings for outfitters/guides in the florida area but it good to get a referral from someone who has used their services. The price is reasonable and I like the idea of a somewhat challenging hunt. Still hoping we can find something DIY around the swamps and orange groves. We are going for a week so we have some time to scout. Thanks again.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:09 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: NatureMan

Still hoping we can find something DIY around the swamps and orange groves. We are going for a week so we have some time to scout. Thanks again.
You have to know somebody that knows somebody it's going to be on private property.......