Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Hogs and exotics from West Texas >

Hogs and exotics from West Texas

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hogs and exotics from West Texas

Old 09-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hogs and exotics from West Texas

ORIGINAL: Centaur 1

You've got me excited about this November. My son and I are invited to hunt exotics at the YO by a guy who has 100 acres on the ranch. We don't get things like audad or blackbuck here in Florida.
Centaur 1, I wish you guys the best of luck, you should do well.The YO is about 35 minutes to the south/west of our ranch. One thing I haven't seen onour ranch in the last couple years I have beenon it is a blackbuck, I see them all the time right up the road but never have on our place...You and your son will have a heck of a good time!!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHunter

ORIGINAL: Centaur 1

You've got me excited about this November. My son and I are invited to hunt exotics at the YO by a guy who has 100 acres on the ranch. We don't get things like audad or blackbuck here in Florida.
Centaur 1, I wish you guys the best of luck, you should do well.The YO is about 35 minutes to the south/west of our ranch. One thing I haven't seen onour ranch in the last couple years I have beenon it is a blackbuck, I see them all the time right up the road but never have on our place...You and your son will have a heck of a good time!!!!
Cool that you are that close to the YO. I worked there in the summer of '06 as a camp counselor for their youth hunting camp. I have to say it was a blast. We had about100 kids come through that summer. Anyway I know the area your talking about and it's beautiful around there. Great pics,especially that axis buck. He's quite the bruiser
Old 09-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Jim, we have in the neighborhood of 5-6 different Axis bucks on camera this year that are 36"+.....Our ranch is real close to Mo Ranch right on the North Fork of the Guadalupe right off of FM 1340....
I bet that was a great experience working with the kids in that program, I will be working with COA this year doing the same thing and I am stoked about guiding/working withthese kids.....I will be teaching archery, marksmanship, game care, basically everything about huntingand guiding them on their hunts.....I can't wait!!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

.I will be teaching archery, marksmanship, game care, basically everything about huntingand guiding them on their hunts.....I can't wait!!!!
Thats pretty much exactly what we did. I promise you it will be one of the most rewarding things you have ever done. And to watch a youngster take his first animal.............wow, just to cool
Old 09-15-2008, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

nice pic..what does a lease cost??
Old 09-20-2008, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lemond35

nice pic..what does a lease cost??
Sorry, lemond I thought this thread was dead...We are paying about $10.00 an acre for this lease, which isn't too bad coonsidering all the animals and we have rights to hunt it year round...Plus it is right on the Guadalupe River and in the summer we enjoy the river too!!!!