Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 11 yr old son lays the smack down (pic) >

11 yr old son lays the smack down (pic)

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

11 yr old son lays the smack down (pic)

Old 08-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 11 yr old son lays the smack down (pic)

Congrats to the young man for a nice hog. That .22 Hornet did the trick.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet Deal...Tell little man congrats!!!!
Old 08-23-2008, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

I thought we already had a talk about hunting with the Hornet![:@]Forgot you love proving folks wrong!
Ya I've said it before, the hogs an deer around here havent evolved into the bullet proof ones I hear so much about.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

You just got them wimpy deer and hogs down there!I get to come your direction in October...I got drew for archery antlerless on Walter Buck at Junction on Oct.13-16.It says unlimited exotic and hogs as well! My first achery draw now hoping for a mule deer draw down south with rifle or up north with bow!
Old 08-23-2008, 08:18 PM

PILOT;

way to go...the kids of today are the hunters 2morrow.Just curious-is that a single shot Rossi ???? I have got one for my son in .223 for Varmint hunting and hogs and I was totally surprised how accurate the gun was.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 700Rem

PILOT;

way to go...the kids of today are the hunters 2morrow.Just curious-is that a single shot Rossi ???? I have got one for my son in .223 for Varmint hunting and hogs and I was totally surprised how accurate the gun was.

single shot NEF
Old 08-23-2008, 11:19 PM

Regardless,thats a fine hog for a young hunter.Nef/Rossi pretty much rifle for rifle.To kill him with a 22 hornet thats enuff said right there..
Old 08-24-2008, 05:37 AM
Typical Buck

Great story Pilot! And congratulations to Mat!

I've been hunting hogs like crazy with my NEF HandiRifle in 45-70 gov, and they still manage to run off some after getting smacked with 405 grains of pain in the shoulder! So kudos to you and your son!
Old 08-24-2008, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

how bad does that 45-70 handi kick ?
I was thinking of another barrell for my Handi and put a night vision scope on it. For me and Mat to use, these hogs are pretty much nocturnal.
Plus I want something he can put right behind the shoulder with. We were on 3hogs last night but he never let a round go because he never could get that head shot. If we had something bigger he would have justput it in the shoulder.
I have a .243 but its a a heavy barrell 26" er. Just to damn big and heavy for him.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

how bad does that 45-70 handi kick ?
I was thinking of another barrell for my Handi and put a night vision scope on it. For me and Mat to use, these hogs are pretty much nocturnal.
Plus I want something he can put right behind the shoulder with. We were on 3hogs last night but he never let a round go because he never could get that head shot. If we had something bigger he would have justput it in the shoulder.
I have a .243 but its a a heavy barrell 26" er. Just to damn big and heavy for him.
I'm not going to lie to ya, it kicks like a 20 ga shotgun. Manageable for you me, but may be too much for a youngster. Plus I mounted an ATN Aries gen 1 nightvision scope to it. That unit is fairly heavy and takes out some the recoil. But I have to be careful with the eye relief so that the scope doesn't cut me. It has a large rubber boot on the scope, but it briused my eye socket anyway last time I got too close.

Anyone ever asks, I'm hunting coyotes at night with it.But sometimes those 250 lb hogs accidently walk up on me in the middle of the night.In which case, it's self defense.

Our DNR wants us to get rid of hogs. Wildlife officers have told me personnally that they don't care if we hunt hogs at night on private property. Just as long as we kill every hogwe see.But for some strange reason, in our rules and regulations, there are no provisions for hunting hogs at night.

Quick Reply: 11 yr old son lays the smack down (pic)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.