Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Nightvision scopes at hog hunt >

Nightvision scopes at hog hunt

Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Nightvision scopes at hog hunt

Old 07-17-2008, 07:41 AM

Default Nightvision scopes at hog hunt

Hello.
I 've been reading your topics for some period of time but never written yet.

Do you use and is it legal to use nightvision scopes at wild hog hunting (and at bear hunting)in the US?

In Russia night huntingis one of the the most excitingways of hunting wild hogs. Espessially big hogs. And it is almost unreal without nightvision...

Old 07-17-2008, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Nightvision scopes at hog hunt

It depends on what part of the country you are hunting. Here in Texas they are considered pests and you can hunt them anyway you want anytime you want. We always hunt them at night. We don't use night vision scopes though justa regular scope or hunt with a light. With my scope if there is any moonlight at all I can see to shoot without any light.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Pushkin

In Russia night huntingis one of the the most excitingways of hunting wild hogs. Espessially big hogs. And it is almost unreal without nightvision...
Sure you can!..........Use Hog Dogs and Head Lamps!
Old 07-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: Pushkin

Sure you can!..........Use Hog Dogs and Head Lamps!
Reb, you forgot hand grenades..
Old 07-18-2008, 12:17 AM

ORIGINAL: The Rev

Reb, you forgot hand grenades..
Funny?

Most of time you won'teven seea shadow-figure of a hogafter sunset (in Russia). You'llonly hear their sounds Some times itcan even bepossible (with nightvision)to getat about 10-15 metres to a group of hogs so you will smell em and hear, but without nightvisionyou still won't see any
Lamps can help you to give you a second for a shot, but won't help you to come close enough and to choose: which one is male and which one is femalehog(we don't shoot female). With nightvision you have a chance to shoot alarge trophy hog (some can waight more than 350 kg).
I am talking not about hog farms, but about wild hogs that live free.

P.S. The only season when it can be possible to hunt pigs at moonlight with regular scop is summer (from June to the end of July). After that period nights become darker...
Old 07-21-2008, 07:02 AM
Fork Horn

There is an outfit in Georgia that offers hunts usingtop end night vision equipment and long range rifles.They hunt hogs that are doing crop damage on large fields.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: drs1961

There is an outfit in Georgia that offers hunts usingtop end night vision equipment and long range rifles.They hunt hogs that are doing crop damage on large fields.
I have some friends here in Texas that use night vision with good success, but doesn't work too good with a bow.I may try gun hunting again, maybe, or maybe not, then been there done that. I just can't bring myself to hunt with a firearm.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

I have some friends here in Texas that use night vision with good success, but doesn't work too good with a bow.I may try gun hunting again, maybe, or maybe not, then been there done that. I just can't bring myself to hunt with a firearm.
After six arm surgeries the Doc toldme "don't shootany morebows" or even through a rock so now I'm shooting unscoped revolvers which I limit to 50 yds. and I carry a slingshot around like I didwhen I was a kid.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

After six arm surgeries the Doc toldme "don't shootany morebows" or even through a rock so now I'm shooting unscoped revolvers which I limit to 50 yds. and I carry a slingshot around like I didwhen I was a kid.
Sucks getting old don't it.I wouldn't know, I'm only a 59 year old young buck.. Can you shoot a cross bow? I know one day, I won't be able to draw a bow, when that happens I'll take up knitting and slobering, cause I know it will drive me crazy.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey!...........Someone who has been hunting with the Rev told me that the Rev needs Night Vision in the day time to distinquish from a Doe or Buck!

Quick Reply: Nightvision scopes at hog hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.