Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Nightvision scopes at hog hunt >

Nightvision scopes at hog hunt

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Nightvision scopes at hog hunt

Old 07-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Nightvision scopes at hog hunt

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Hey!...........Someone who has been hunting with the Rev told me that the Rev needs Night Vision in the day time to distinquish from a Doe or Buck!
Oh, you're so very cute.... At least there is meat in the freezer... with or without nutz.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

Hey!...........Someone who has been hunting with the Rev told me that the Rev needs Night Vision in the day time to distinquish from a Doe or Buck!
Oh, you're so very cute.... At least there is meat in the freezer... with or without nutz.
Oh, you're so very cute.... No way will I go hunting with you now!
Old 07-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Oh, you're so very cute.... No way will I go hunting with you now!

Old 07-22-2008, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: drs1961

There is an outfit in Georgia that offers hunts usingtop end night vision equipment and long range rifles.They hunt hogs that are doing crop damage on large fields.
I have some friends here in Texas that use night vision with good success, but doesn't work too good with a bow.I may try gun hunting again, maybe, or maybe not, then been there done that. I just can't bring myself to hunt with a firearm.
After six arm surgeries the Doc toldme "don't shootany morebows" or even through a rock so now I'm shooting unscoped revolvers which I limit to 50 yds. and I carry a slingshot around like I didwhen I was a kid.
Sucks getting old don't it.I wouldn't know, I'm only a 59 year old young buck.. Can you shoot a cross bow? I know one day, I won't be able to draw a bow, when that happens I'll take up knitting and slobering, cause I know it will drive me crazy.
I've got a Barnett that's about 25 yrs. old. It doesn't have any mechanical advantage to cock it and it'll nearly give you a hernia to pull back that 150 lbs. I killed a pig with it years ago but wasn't impressed with the penetration. I've seen latelywhere there are several more manufacturers with whupped up compounds with bolts nearly as long as regular arrows and all sorts of cocking mechanisms.I'm sure that's got to help with the energy and the ease of use... but they are real proud of them. I liked to dropped my catalog when I saw the prices.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Right, they are very proud of them. I would use a gun if I had to, but as long as I can shoot a bow I'm going to enjoy the challenge. I do bird hunt then I breakout the shot guns.
I have hog hunted with a pistol before, might as well hunted with a rock. Hogs can have a square dance twenty yards in front of me, and get away.

I also know what if feels like not to draw back a bow. In 1995 I got my hand caught in a rope and a cow drug me around the pasture tearing my rotator cup. I couldn't pick up a cup of coffee for over six months, took over a year to draw a bow.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:13 AM
Fork Horn

Yep, that's when you realize how dumb yourother hand really is. I've probably spent over a year total with my primary hand out of commission. I've had to learn to doa lotmore with my less dominate hand and I no longer take itfor granted that I can just grab something with one hand and feel confident that I've got it. Ahh, the joys of age. But I'll take it over the alternative though.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

. Ahh, the joys of age.
Hopefully some wisdom withcome with that... ( I know I'm leaving myself openwith remark)

Old 07-25-2008, 01:29 PM

most states it is illiegal to use night vision while hunting any animal. It is in Oregon... I have used NV a couple times out in the desert hunting coyote/varmit with 22conversion running sub sonic 22 ammo as my silencer.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

That was me Reb! And thought I heard someone threw the breaker and freezer defrosted...meat smell bad after a few days.And at 59 years young he already slobbers and knits.What about useing night vision to spot hogs then getting on them with spotlight?I've thought about useing n/v to spot them and having someone with Bluetooth on and guide them into position so they could stalk till within distance of bow and then use a hoglight...open field hunting of course.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is an outfit in Georgia that offers hunts usingtop end night vision equipment and long range rifles.They hunt hogs that are doing crop damage on large fields.
I have some friends here in Texas that use night vision with good success, but doesn't work too good with a bow.I may try gun hunting again, maybe, or maybe not, then been there done that. I just can't bring myself to hunt with a firearm.
After six arm surgeries the Doc toldme "don't shootany morebows" or even through a rock so now I'm shooting unscoped revolvers which I limit to 50 yds. and I carry a slingshot around like I didwhen I was a kid.
Sucks getting old don't it.I wouldn't know, I'm only a 59 year old young buck.. Can you shoot a cross bow? I know one day, I won't be able to draw a bow, when that happens I'll take up knitting and slobering, cause I know it will drive me crazy.
I've got a Barnett that's about 25 yrs. old. It doesn't have any mechanical advantage to cock it and it'll nearly give you a hernia to pull back that 150 lbs. I killed a pig with it years ago but wasn't impressed with the penetration. I've seen latelywhere there are several more manufacturers with whupped up compounds with bolts nearly as long as regular arrows and all sorts of cocking mechanisms.I'm sure that's got to help with the energy and the ease of use... but they are real proud of them. I liked to dropped my catalog when I saw the prices.
Sounds like you haven't tried a rope cocker on that Bnett. They cut the effort to cock in half along w/ centering the string, needed for best accuracy. If you get/try one, adj the rope length so the hooks when put on the string already pull it back a few inches. That keeps the cocker on the bow and makes the effort even easier, you don't run out of arms as quick, lol.

Quick Reply: Nightvision scopes at hog hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.