Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

1st Hog Gun ?'s

Old 02-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Dominant Buck

WOW!!!That was impressive.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:30 AM
Typical Buck

You mention you shoot shotguns as well... Every think about buying a rifled slug barrel and shooting slugs at them? I don't know of many critters that can handle a slug through the boiler room! I don't know what your state laws are about what you can shoot them with, but there are many slugs out there that will match centerfire performance out past 100 yards out of a rifled barrel. Plus, if you shoot a pump or semi it would give you that quick follow-up you're looking for. That would be cheaper than buying a rifle.

But, you have a very good excuse to buy a rifle. So my advice is... NEW GUN! NEW GUN!

rw
Old 02-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by falcon
Don't have a .22 Mag myself. But got one one order. I've killed several lately with the .22LR. Just put the bullet in their ear.
^^^^^this^^^^^

I started hunting hogs this year with a bow, I went with some friends after bow season was up and. They had 22 mags, so I bought me one put it between there eye and there ear and they will drop like a rocks, we went Friday and my buddy shot his right behind the shoulder in the good stuff on a 225pound boar and it didn't make it 50 yards, another guy shot a smaller one (150pds or so) in the same spot and it didn't make it 20 yards, I shot one that same day in-between the eye and the ear and dropped it at about 60yards, also went this morning, same scenario but at about 25 yards and stoned her lights out,

We all have marlin 22. Mags, I have a Simmons 3x9 on mine , black strap 2 mags and 200 bullets cost me 300$- can't beat that at all if you ask me!

So, so far, hogs up to 225 pounds is no match for this 22mag. I'll have videos up of them soon, right now I just have the bow hunts up, but lots of 22mag hog action to come!

Still waiting on a bigger hog 300# plus to see how the ole 22 mag fairs against it, but i think as long as you hit em in the "thinker" it won't matter how big they are
Old 02-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by THEDELTAOUTDOORS
^^^^^this^^^^^

I started hunting hogs this year with a bow, I went with some friends after bow season was up and. They had 22 mags, so I bought me one put it between there eye and there ear and they will drop like a rocks, we went Friday and my buddy shot his right behind the shoulder in the good stuff on a 225pound boar and it didn't make it 50 yards, another guy shot a smaller one (150pds or so) in the same spot and it didn't make it 20 yards, I shot one that same day in-between the eye and the ear and dropped it at about 60yards, also went this morning, same scenario but at about 25 yards and stoned her lights out,

We all have marlin 22. Mags, I have a Simmons 3x9 on mine , black strap 2 mags and 200 bullets cost me 300$- can't beat that at all if you ask me!

So, so far, hogs up to 225 pounds is no match for this 22mag. I'll have videos up of them soon, right now I just have the bow hunts up, but lots of 22mag hog action to come!

Still waiting on a bigger hog 300# plus to see how the ole 22 mag fairs against it, but i think as long as you hit em in the "thinker" it won't matter how big they are
We have a member on here that is killing them with ear shots with .17HMR.....
Old 02-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Rebel Hog
We have a member on here that is killing them with ear shots with .17HMR.....
Yeah there was another guy that went with the group I usually go with when I couldn go and he was using a 17 too, said it did fine
Old 02-13-2011, 04:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by THEDELTAOUTDOORS
Yeah there was another guy that went with the group I usually go with when I couldn go and he was using a 17 too, said it did fine
His user name is venado

http://residents.bowhunting.net/awesomehunting

Last edited by Rebel Hog; 02-13-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:10 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Rebel Hog
Gamo Air Rifle

View My Video
That video is nuts!!! I would much rather have my 30-30 in that situation. If nothing else a good drink after