Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 I Want a real hog hunt this time!! >

I Want a real hog hunt this time!!

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

I Want a real hog hunt this time!!

Old 06-17-2008, 07:09 AM

Default I Want a real hog hunt this time!!

My wife and I just got back (actually about 4 weeks ago) from a Hog hunt in South Texas with a well known outfitter and in three days we only saw two hogs, killing one and missing the other. I know that this is how it goes sometimes but needless to say driving from Colorado we were alittle dissappointed. This just motivates me to get right back to business so I would like to know where you all might suggest to try for this spring, I was thinking around Feb-Mar but I am flexible on dates. I would like a place that caters towards bow as this is my method on this trip. Thanks for the help Travis.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I Want a real hog hunt this time!!

Travis, check out my website....texashogsandrams.com You will have a good time and carry some hogs home. I guarantee it.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

http://www.sycamorecreekhoghunting.com
This place only accommodates bows, but you will see your share... Click on the site and check out the Animals page..Troy is a super fantastic person.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: The Rev

http://www.sycamorecreekhoghunting.com
This place only accommodates bows, but you will see your share... Click on the site and check out the Animals page..Troy is a super fantastic person.
Ditto on that.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

I don't know if you are interested in coming to Florida, but we do have noooooo shortage of hogs. Prior to having access to private land I used to go once a year to Archery Outfitter with Nickie Roth. He has access to some prime Florida land east of Punta Gorda and it only get bow hunted 1 weekend a month. He has feeders that are set up and maintained year round. You will see hogs just about every sitting and most will be less than 20 yards. He is a dedicated bow hunter and caters bow only hunts. You can look up Archery Outfitters on the web and see his website. Good luck.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

8 Bowhunter just left Shiloh near Ada Oklahoma. 8 Bowhunters killed 10 hogs & missed 5.
I managed 1 nice hog & a good Roaster.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

My biggest of 2 I took this time

Old 06-18-2008, 12:14 AM

Why don't you just hunt the hogs in Colorado. Are you willing to hunt with dogs, or do you insist on a tree stand.

Bill
Old 06-19-2008, 07:48 AM

I am willing to hunt with dogs but am not aware of any place in colorado that has a decent number of hogs and when I spoke to the Division of wildlife on a few areas that I knew had some I was told that the snowpack of past years have decimated the population.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

The fella in our group photo is from Ft. Collins-makes the trip every year...
This is one of his 2 hogs.

Quick Reply: I Want a real hog hunt this time!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.