Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 How to film a hog hunt in California >

How to film a hog hunt in California

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

How to film a hog hunt in California

Old 06-01-2008, 08:56 PM

Default How to film a hog hunt in California

I'm heading out on my very first hog hunt next weekend. I won't be hunting, but filming (as always) and I'm looking for any advice on how to get great shots with out messing up the hunt for the others. Anyone else here have any experience shooting tv-style hunting video on a hog hunt?

thanks.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:55 PM

Default RE: How to film a hog hunt in California

One trick I use to get steady shots on the move is to attach your camera to a folding tripod and fold it down to about rifle size on the legs. Then just point it like a rifle where you want to shoot.By doing this you get much more of a sweeping steady recording rather than a nervous wrist orhand shake. For treestand footage, we use another stand 90 degress to the first one at about seat level of the lower stand. Keep the camera pressed up against you as much as possible. It will stop the shakes. Yes, if you area real hunter, you still get the shakes even when you just have a camera and you'renot the one shooting. LOL!!!