Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Broadhead for Hogs

Old 05-20-2008, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default Broadhead for Hogs

What broadhead would you recommend for Wild Russian Boars??? can you post pics of the destruction the broadhead made??
Old 05-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Broadhead for Hogs

I havent gotten a chance to take a hog with a bow. But from what I hear you dont want a mechanical head because of how tough the hogs are. No room for a broad head that might break or malfunction.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

I use a NAP Spitfire (mechanical). I have blown through every hog so far. 70 pound 30" draw. Kills them dead. With that said just about any head will work with hogs as long as you have the kinetic energy.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Dominant Buck

You want a bit smaller cutting diameter as you would on a deer, or a bit smaller. and stick with fixed, cut on contact heads. Ive taken them with mechanicals, but have also lost several by using mechanicals. Ive never lost a one with any fixed head ive ever used. Ive shot them with muzzy three blades, slick tricks, monotec G5, tekke three blades, sonics, liberty two blades, old bear three blades,and eagle two blades
Old 05-20-2008, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot more hogs than I can remember with 100g vortex's (mechanical) and have never lost one that I would have gotten b/c of the b/h......I have made a couple bad shots and lost one or two......Good Luck on your hunting....
Old 05-21-2008, 08:08 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: oilpatchpride

I have shot more hogs than I can remember with 100g vortex's (mechanical) and have never lost one that I would have gotten b/c of the b/h......I have made a couple bad shots and lost one or two......Good Luck on your hunting....
All depends on the mechanical. Nap spitfires are great. Crimson tallons are great as well as a host of others, but dont try a steal head. That was the worst by far. I always tell people to just go with a fixed head because if they pic the wrong mechanical, they will eventually have problems. And a lot of people tend to buy the cheaper ones for hogs, which are usually not the best. The very worst ive ever used are the spiral cut type. They simply are a piece of junk. If one wants to use a mechanical on hogs, keep the cut diameter small.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

magnus stingers i think work awesome on hogs
Old 05-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shot many with Rocky Mountian Razors & Ironheads 3 blades.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bugle freak

What broadhead would you recommend for Wild Russian Boars??? can you post pics of the destruction the broadhead made??
Ilike the Muzzy Phantom220 grain broad head. I like the weight and the FOC itgives my arrow. I have used Grim Reapers (mech) for years and never had one break or fail.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:21 PM

Another Vote for MAGNUS STINGERS.

They did have pics on their web site of my son with a 500+ pounder taken on video and down in 6 secs. after a single shot through the gristle plate and out the other.

Quick Reply: Broadhead for Hogs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.