Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 which one(s) would you shoot >

which one(s) would you shoot

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

which one(s) would you shoot

Old 05-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default which one(s) would you shoot

I think taking the small ones out for eating and letting the bigs ones keep reproducing. This area has no deer and we arent trying to wipe out the hogs, this place offers some hog hunting if we let them reproduce what do you all think.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:43 PM

Default RE: which one(s) would you shoot

That black one in that back left looks alright.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:51 PM

The black one in the front center of the picture. Get the BBQ fired up cause you've got some good eating there!!
Old 05-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Dominant Buck

it looks like a great place to hunt... If I wanted to keep the breeding population and wanted good eating, I would shoot a couple of the smaller ones out of the group and leave it at that.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:45 PM

I don't think that there is a shooter in that bunch. I'd go looking for a bigger one, let those grow some more.

Bill
Old 05-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I kinda agree with bronco. But, since the question was which one to shoot....either of the bigger sows. Sows can reproduce at at 6mos of age. If you're not careful, you will have a hog problem on that property sooner than you may think.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JoeA

I kinda agree with bronco. But, since the question was which one to shoot....either of the bigger sows. Sows can reproduce at at 6mos of age. If you're not careful, you will have a hog problem on that property sooner than you may think.
X2
Old 05-06-2008, 06:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

"I kinda agree with bronco. But, since the question was which one to shoot....either of the bigger sows. Sows can reproduce at at 6mos of age. If you're not careful, you will have a hog problem on that property sooner than you may think."

X3
Old 05-06-2008, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

Brown sow front left. She goes probably 50 to 65 pounds and is EXACTLY what I hunt to eat. She even looks like she has not weaned a litter yet but is preggers so she will be holding some fat. As to the problem of damaging your hog population we have a sayiong on hog management. "If you see 9 hogs on your property shoot 11". They will breed as fast or faster than a rabbit. I also loke taking those little shoats. Cook em whole in a pan with wine and herbs.

Good lord I have to go hunting now.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:23 AM

They already have a problem. 1 is enough hogs 2 is too many. Kill all of them.

Quick Reply: which one(s) would you shoot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.