Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog hunt near Tampa Fla?

Old 03-24-2008, 05:38 AM

Default Hog hunt near Tampa Fla?

I will be in Tampa fla. all next month with lots of time to kill. Can someone point me towards where to go hog hunting? Thanks OB
Old 03-24-2008, 04:25 PM

Default RE: Hog hunt near Tampa Fla?

What type of hunt are you looking for, Guided? And are you willing to drive a little? There are quite a few places but the closest I know is about 45min away.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:15 PM

Default RE: Hog hunt near Tampa Fla?

Hi Red; No particular type of hunt. Guided, pay or no pay ? of course I'd like a no Pay hunt but I'm open for all suggestions. I will be camped on base at McDill AFB and a 45 minute drive or even a couple of hundred miles would be OK. I have a big over the road Volvo truck rigged as an RV and pulling a 5th wheel camper. So I can take off in the Volvo and spend a couple of days away from the main campground. So I'm flexible. What rifle should I bring. I have a Marlin lever action in 35 Cal w/200 and 220 grain bullets. Reckon that will do?

Tell me what you have in mind.
Thanks OB