Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 hunting liscense for hogs in TX? >

hunting liscense for hogs in TX?

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

hunting liscense for hogs in TX?

Old 12-26-2007, 05:22 PM

Default hunting liscense for hogs in TX?

do you have to have a valid hunting liscense to hunt hogs in Texas?
Old 12-26-2007, 09:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: hunting liscense for hogs in TX?

yep
Old 12-27-2007, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am from Alabama and I hunted hogs in Texas last year and we were told we didn't need one for hogs only if we wanted to hunt deer too.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:34 PM

If you are on private property and are the lesee or acting as an agent of the owner or lesee and the hogs are causing depredation, you do not NOT have to have a license.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:01 PM

well... hogs are not regulated by the state.
no limits, no seasons...
so i dont know why we need liscences to hunt them.
(although i always have a liscence anyway, it doesnt effect me)

but we did have some game wardensstop while we were filling gas in Tilden Tx.
we had 7 Hogs in the back of the truck... only a few of us had liscences and Hunter Safety.
so a few guys got tickets.
i guess we were just tired and not using our heads, because we might as well have said that only 2 or 3 of us killed all the hogs
and the guys with no liscence or hunters safetly card were not hunting.
we could have told a little white lie, and avoided everything, but we just werent thinking that day.

or, one could always claim that they were Given to them, and/or they were trapped hogs and raised to size as LIVESTOCK !
there is all types of loopholes to avoid any Citations.
but liscences are cheap, and if you hunt deer or turkeys, most people already have a liscence anyway.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TxLabMaster

If you are on private property and are the lesee or acting as an agent of the owner or lesee and the hogs are causing depredation, you do not NOT have to have a license.
What he said. That is pretty much quoted right out of the regulations. You need a license to HUNT hogs, but not to kill hogs if you are helping the owner get rid of hogs that are damaging his property.

I had a friend from out of state visit, and an out of state license would have been pretty expensive just for a day of hog hunting. We discussed the fact that the pigs were damaging my land and that he was assisting me in ridding my land of them, NOT hunting.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was thinking that if your afield with a weapon there has to be a lisence on your persons...enless it depredation type hunt.on shooting range no needed.Hey npaden I'll meet you in Roscoe and help you rid you place of the critters!I'm getting in tune with my bow just waiting for the chance.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I may have to take you up on the offer if I can't make it out to do something about them soon. I have a trap out there that they completely avoid and they never seem to be around when I am out there.

I have plenty running around that's for sure!

Old 12-28-2007, 05:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

A 5 day non-resident license is $45. The fine for hunting without a licenseis a good bit higher. You decide.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: npaden

I may have to take you up on the offer if I can't make it out to do something about them soon. I have a trap out there that they completely avoid and they never seem to be around when I am out there.

I have plenty running around that's for sure!

Only 2 hours from here for me! Between the Bowtech and AR I can attempt to help you!Could be a great way to introduce some kids to hunting by hunting them outside deer season and help the deer habitat!As many as are on the cam your gonna have a bumper crop if we get some moisture in the off season,never get rid of them then.[:@]

Quick Reply: hunting liscense for hogs in TX?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.