HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hogs and Exotics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics-73/)
-   -   Best broadheads for boars (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics/223781-best-broadheads-boars.html)

agombos81 12-22-2007 12:19 PM

Best broadheads for boars

I have never hunter boars with the bow. What broadhead do you recommend is the best for hunting hogs? My bow is set at 65lbs, and the usual distance is 5-35yds from set blind.

Rebel Hog 12-22-2007 01:37 PM

RE: Best broadheads for boars

Carpmaster 12-22-2007 01:45 PM

I would use my Muzzy 100's....

Tuffbroadhead 12-23-2007 04:42 PM

Any broadhead that is Cut on contact(Muzzy Phantoms)... in my opinion , I would not use mech's on hogs..

The Rev 12-24-2007 12:41 PM

Muzzy Phantom Broadheads

I love the way my Muzzy 220 grians fly. Ask Rloving on the site, he saw the exit wound on a deer I shot it them. I shoot 58 pounds, 28 inch arrow, 543 total grians with an FOC of 21 %.

That's just my preference, still like everyone said, go with cut on contact heads.

What's up Dale, haven't seen you here in a while?

Tuffbroadhead 12-24-2007 12:49 PM

Rev, I have been filming for BHNA and a participant on another show called Noc-it-up archery challenge, so its been pretty wild trying to jugle work into that equation...now I'm thinking aobut moving into the freelance filming part of hunting for individuals..

The Rev 12-24-2007 04:13 PM

Sounds great. I went to work for a customer of mine and now I fly all over the country. My job is getting in the way of hunting and 3D.. But I do manage to squeeze in a little archery, and I mean a little.

RLoving1 12-25-2007 04:39 PM

I don't think that Muzzy head even knew it hit that deer...only tacked him 35 yards and found him! If I ever get around to mounting broadheads I'm gonna go with them! Not just cause my hero The Rev say so either.:)Proper arrow placement I don't see why they wouldn't make a pass through on a hog!

The Rev 12-25-2007 09:52 PM

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

I don't think that Muzzy head even knew it hit that deer...only tacked him 35 yards and found him! If I ever get around to mounting broadheads I'm gonna go with them! Not just cause my hero The Rev say so either.:)Proper arrow placement I don't see why they wouldn't make a pass through on a hog!

Your too kind little feller... I'll make sure when I send you those Bowtech Decals that I autograph some of em for ya. :DI might even send ya an 8 x 10 glossy of me to hang on your bathroom mirror, just to give you some inspiration in the mornings. That is,the mornings you take a bath.

Patriot15 12-27-2007 02:09 PM

If you really want to know what the best broadheads for hogs or just about anything, it's a rage 2 blade. I've heard so much BS about how they don't work on hogs and never to use amechanical on a hog but the rage is the BEST broadhead for hogs. The reason why is that if you make a bad shot on a big boar and hit him right in that armored plate like I have done before, there is still a 2 inch entry wound that will leave a massive blood trail. Here's a few sows I took a while back with them and they ran about 30 yards each....