Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

First Exotic Hunt

Old 12-03-2007, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default First Exotic Hunt

Well, I promised my 6 year old to take her on a hunting trip a couple of weeks ago. She got very sick and wasn't able to go. That weekend the weather was terrible, so I am glad she didn't go, she would have been miserable. I want her to experience the thrill of a harvest and then some seasons of no harvest so that she learns the hunt is important, the kill is just icing on the cake. We are heading up to a ranch in Mason, TX for a sheep hunt. I let her look at different pictures of the sheep available and she picked a corsican, I will be taking a mouflon. This is only the second time to have hunted a game ranch, I have always hunted free range. My daughter is so excited, she can hardle sleep, we stopped at a local game processor and taxidermy store and she saw her first dead deer and she walked through the studio pointing out all the different mounts. I was so proud. Thanks for reading, I am excited to get her started.

Thanks
Jake

P.S. Any idea of options to do with the sheep meat?
Old 12-03-2007, 08:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: First Exotic Hunt

Sound like fun.. Good luck and take care.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

No idea wgat to do on the sheep meat but we can't wait to see some pics! I am glad she is so excited and I hope ya'll have a great time.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: JakeinTX

P.S. Any idea of options to do with the sheep meat?
Recipe for cooking it on a campfire... Since you'll be in Mason County, there'll be plenty of flagstone around. Find a nice slab about 1 foot square and place it next to the fire. Wait til it gets good and hot. Season some slices of sheep meat (cut about 1" thick) with some Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning and place the meat on the flat rock. Let it cook for about 15 minutes. Then throw out the sheep meat and eat the rock. It'll be more tender and taste a lot better... (Note: The same recipe works well with Goats).

Good luck on your hunt!
Old 12-08-2007, 10:29 PM
Fork Horn

Hi All,

Well we got back a few hours ago. My daughter and I did our sheep hunt today and had a blast! I was so proud of my daughter, I held the gun and aimed while she helped pull the trigger. It took two shots on her Corsican and it was down for the count. She ran right over with the guide to look at her ram and get her picture taken. Then as we traveled around the ranch, she saw more rams and wanted to shoot them all. I took a Mouflon and then we went after a hog. I will post pictures later, the hog was so big, that we had to use a front loader to get it out of the field and into the truck. The guide estimated about 600lbs for the hog. Wheh I took the head/hide and meat the taxidermist just kept saying "Man thats a big pig." over and over. Thanks for reading, I will try and post pictures later.

Jake
Old 12-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

Hello All,

I still have not been able to figure out how to post photos on here, you can see my daughter ram, my ram and the hog we took on my myspace page

www.myspace.com/jaysonsacco

Thanks
Jake
Old 12-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

Ok, I transfered a test photo over to my wifes computer. I tried both Safari and Firefox and this website dosn't like either. It appears to work in explorer.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

way to go man sounds like some good fun.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:36 PM

for her next exotic hunt you should check this place out.

www.cxSafaris.com
Old 01-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

Do you have more detail, I get music on your website and scrolling animals but nothing else?

Quick Reply: First Exotic Hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.