Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hogs in Oklahoma?

Old 09-18-2007, 11:41 AM

Default Hogs in Oklahoma?

Do any of you know where I can find some hogs in Oklahoma? I've not heard of a lot of hogs anywhere near central Oklahoma, and I really want to blast a few with my bow. Plus I need the stalking practice.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hogs in Oklahoma?

I know that they are down on Love Valley WMA. We went out there late spring, there was sign all over the place, but we never did see any hogs. We were doomed from the get go though. There were a million mosquitoes that didnt care how much off we had on us which ruled out setting up and waiting. Then in some parts we would sink up to our knees in mud so it made our stalks quite comical. If I go back down there it will be in the winter, it is extremely thick out there. plus no bugs. And actually if I go back down I will bring some fishing gear. Maybe put out some throw lines with some shrip, go hunt and hopefully have some fish as well. Its right on the red river and im sure there are some monster cat fish in that sucker.

Sorry im starting to ramble.....if you go take a bug suit, therma cell, something other than off. We also did see a few deer that day and alot of turkey tracks. I will have to see if I can find my map for the area and tell you were we started and the general area for the most of the hog sign. I called the bioligist a while back and he gave me some locations to start with. One is called the hog pen, if the water is high you wont be able to get to it.

let me try and explain to you where its at. I tried to copy the map but it would work. go to wildlifedepartment.com and go to the wma atlas. zoom in on love valley and locate hog pen road and gene bond road. where the two run into each other directly south will be corcoron creek. it breaks off the red river. what that creek does is it creates a little strip of land that borders the red river. the small triangle of land comes to a point south of gene bond road. That triangle of land is where the bioligist told me to look for hogs. unfortunately the water was up so high there was no way to get across. I hope this helps you and didnt confuse the heck out of you.

If its unclear post again, ill check back.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=hunting%20feral%20hogs

Try this site. I hope this helps.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Spike

Try S. W. Okla. There's getting to be quite a few.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Spike

There's even smaller targets.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thems some suckling pigs... Yummy! You can even eat the brain, the tongue and eye balls if you have the courage.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Think I'll stick with the choice cuts of meat myself Rev.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:59 AM

http://www.outdoorlife.com/outdoor/scouting/midwest/article/0,19912,1162227,00.html

"Some farmers and ranchers reported seeing herds of a hundred or more pouring in and out of the nearby Tishomingo Wildlife Management Unit—almost 4,000 acres of swampy public river bottomland—that borders the town."
Old 09-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Fork Horn

oh yeah there in Tish, Durant, Calera, Cartwright (ok) as well as Denison,Pottsboro,Sherman (tx) I hate these damn things I shoot them year round, they *%#$ up my deer season alot of the time!
Old 09-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

Thems some suckling pigs... Yummy! You can even eat the brain, the tongue and eye balls if you have the courage.
Yoy're been hanging around Aussie to long!

Quick Reply: Hogs in Oklahoma?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.