Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hogs in Oklahoma?

Old 11-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Spike

Default RE: Hogs in Oklahoma?

Whats the best road to take to get to the piggys in the Tishomingo Wildlife Management Unit.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Sooner State Hunter

Southeastern has tons of them, try around Talihina, Wilburton, Idabel, etc. I think I saw a hunting show hunting hogs down there.We've got 'em in northeastern OK but notlike down south.
they are really starting to get out of hand down here in the southeastern part of the state. Went bowhunting last month and saw a group of 30-40 with piglets -- problem was they were out of bow range by about 30 yds!!!!

Getting worse every year-- I try to put at least 2 a year on the spit for roasting in the fall and one in the freezer min. it ain't going to hurt the population any at all-- come on down and get ya some!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm heading up to Coal county next week,not sure about hunting though! My brother said that the oilfield workers are running all over the country and don't heed fences so well,sounds like I'm going to be patrolling fences!Other than that maybe they will have some hogs moving and deer agitated.Bro says every truck up there has Texas plates and they don't care if you tell them no or not,they shoot off road and take off chasing game with landowner in plain sight.What the bag limit on road hunters vehichles?
Old 11-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont know but I think there is some tension between Oklahoma and Texas