Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 If Hogs are real problem down south... >

If Hogs are real problem down south...

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

If Hogs are real problem down south...

Old 09-12-2007, 08:39 AM

Default If Hogs are real problem down south...

why are there still restrictions?I read that TX and LAhave a big problem with hogs. Why not try to wipe outhalf of the population? Is there anything that we can do?
Old 09-12-2007, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If Hogs are real problem down south...

There are not any restrictions in Texas. The only one I can think of are that there are only certain types of weapons on public lands.

And I don't believe we will ever get rid of them, they multiply way to fast.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

There are very few restrictions on thehunting of wild hogs in OK except for public land. A farmer can get a permitto hunt nuisance hogs at night. There are somany hogs in TX and OK that is impossible to keep the population from increasing and spreading.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Only restrictions in Fl are on WMA's, No restrictions on private properties, even at night!
Old 09-12-2007, 10:20 AM

Oh, ok, I thought there were restrictions. So, in Tx, do you need a permit, or just a normal hunting license? So what do you all think is going to happen 10 years from now with all them pigs?
Old 09-12-2007, 10:26 AM

Just a regular Texas hunting license is what's needed to hunt hogs. As long as they keep multiplying as fast as they do, we'll keep right on taking 'em out with weapons at hand.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: ETexashunter

Just a regular Texas hunting license is what's needed to hunt hogs. As long as they keep multiplying as fast as they do, we'll keep right on taking 'em out with weapons at hand.
Back in the 70's a Plant that I worked for (McGraw-Edison) 320 employees,shut down and moved to Nacogdoches,TX.....
Old 09-12-2007, 11:58 AM

The lease where I hunt in East Texashas anywhere from 100-150 hogs killed annually.That's from people hunting and trapping them. With that many hogs being killed you don't even put a dent in the population.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

The biggest problem we have down here comes from the ranchers, they complain about the number of hogs on their land but when asked if we can go get some they say yeah but it is going to cost you $X per day and $X per lb on everything over 100lb.

The Rev, Txjourneyman and myself tried to put together the TFHMA to help the ranches out and hit a $$$$$ wall at every turn, Bob even email every Ag extension agent in the state to get some leads but all those leads just turned into the rancher wanting $$$$$$$ for us to help them get rid of some of their problem.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

"the rancher wanting $$$$$$$ for us to help them get rid of some of their problem"

Bingo!!! Here in OK the wheat farmers complain about hogs rooting up their crop. But just ask if you can hunt hogs on their places and they tell you that their hunting rights are leased to some outfit from OK City, Tulsa or Dallas.

Quick Reply: If Hogs are real problem down south...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.