Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

where do i go

Old 07-28-2007, 09:33 PM

Default where do i go

I'm a native nebraskan who moved to colorado a few years ago. between the two states we have TONS of big game to hunt. Over the past several weeks while recovering from a pulled back i noticed that there were lots of shows involving hog hunts. I understand they're pests and need to be controlled but it looks pretty hard to do and fun. anyway my question to you is where can i go, i know that Texas is the place but any specific outfitters. I've read that hog hunts can go for about 100-400 a hog. is it always that expensive, thought i'd mention i'd like to do it with a bow, what broadheads do you reccomend and clothing options.any help would be appreciated
Old 07-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: where do i go

You can browse the internet for places to find hog hunts. I wouldn't pay over 100.00 a day. You can find them for that price.
As far as clothes, use the same as whitetail hunting. Be careful of the wind as they have a keen sense of smell.
Broad heads can vary. Use what you use for whitetail. I perfer heavy broadhead myself. But anything 125 grain is fine. Muzzy's, seem to be at the top of my list, along with grim reapers.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:22 AM

there is a place in the Hill Country in Texas that does hog hunts for $100-$125 per day. PM for and i can find their web address.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:46 PM

$100.00/ a day is about as cheap as you'll find here in Texas. Nice thing is some places will let you shoot as many as you want !!
Old 08-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Spike

Give me a call or email I outfit for hogs and javeys on 10k acres in South Texas...$100.00 a day for 4 animals...2 javeys and 2 hogs or 4 hogs..
You will take shots
Brett Bolting (361) 727-2685 or [email protected]
Old 08-11-2007, 10:21 AM

I can recommend Dos Plumas Ranch near Abilene, Texas. Great place, very nice lodging,lots of game (I've had 100% success on my two hunts there), and the owners are very nice people. They really want their hunters to be successful and have a great time.

Hog hunts are $100/day for bowhunters, I think. Check them out at www.dosplumasranch.com.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:39 PM

There is a place in California just outside Sacramento.They will guide you, for 2 pigs, clean them, butcher and pack them for 600