Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

? re: exotics by bow

Old 07-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default ? re: exotics by bow

Anybody every hunt blackbuck with a bow?
Any recommendations on where a girl could whack one in N. Texas area? Friend of minefrom KS took oneon a ranch near Houston w/ .243 but I'd really like to try to take one with my bow. I hear they are really spooky and a great challenge w/ gun so thought why not. I know there's a lot of these archery only game ranches around just never heard of anyone taking blackbuck that way.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ? re: exotics by bow

how much are you willing to spend?
Old 07-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunts Bowhunting has had some great Blackbuck, good price & a web site. Check em out. I have been there as a couple of my friends that took Oryx, Rams, Sika & Fallows.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

I'm not looking for a trip down to the Y.O. but something within a few hours drive of DFW and fairly reasonable. Doesn't have to be a monster, anything with a bow is a trophy.

Haven't talked to anybody who has taken a black buck with a bow so just trying to gather some info and make preparations. Tree stand, ground blind, what time of year is best to try to go after them with archery equipment.

I know of a couple of places not far from DFW that have them. My husband hunted one of them a few years ago but it was before they had blackbuck on the ranch.

I know there are herds near Coleman. Saw them a two years ago when we were dove hunting.

Recommendations, suggestions on getting close to them would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Amy, check out this website. They are really nice folk and the prices are not too expensive. An hour from Ft. Worth. This place has some nice packages, but I don't think they have black buck. Check them out, they are close, and extremely nice people.

http://www.sweetwatercreekbowhunt.com/
Old 07-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

buddy of mine has a ranch in buffalo just few hours from dfw got a about 6 black bucks out there pm if serious yeah they are a spooky animal they will lay down a nd watch u till u get just close enuff then GONE
Old 07-11-2007, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had a small herd under my treestand feeding on corn one evening, they were alittle skittish, but i could have arrowed any one of the 15 that were there, no mature bucks though. It seems like i just got lucky though that they came through while i was hunting that ranch, spot and stalk might be a whole different ball game. Good luck, they sure are one beautiful animal.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been to Hunts Bowhunting & Sweetwater. I would say Hunts is your best best & some great Blackbucks. They do have web site.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Spike

We have had plenty of people take blackbucks with a bow without the use of corn feeders.If I can help you out in any way on advice, send me a pm.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

My husband hunted there a few years ago before they brought in the blackbuck or had them on their list. He took a nice Corsican ram there and helped out on a disabled hunter event and loved the place. I have talked with them about coming up.
Thanks Rev!

Quick Reply: ? re: exotics by bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.