Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

new hogzilla!!!

Old 05-27-2007, 04:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new hogzilla!!!

why is every new "monster hog" compared to that Georgia hog? the hog killed here in Florida was bigger than the Georgia hog called Hogzilla.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=run92JXX8wQ

Is this the video you are talking about??????

Here is a man shooting the S&W 50.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCahm9bp-vU

Old 05-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

I don't know how many of you have actually shot the 500 S&W but the only reason that gun almost kicked that guy in the face was because he's scared to death of it and not holding it properly. I've shot one a few times and don't get me wrong its got some recoil but its not something that is going to kick back like that. But I do have to agree that for an 11 yo its a bit much, however it says his gun was customized so we don't know what all had been done to the gun there are alot of modifications that can remove signifigant amounts of recoil.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:25 PM

Although the S&W 500 is very powerfull for ahandgun, the fact that it took 8 shots over a 3 hour period to bring this animal down indicates a high powered rifle would have been a better, and more humane, choice for a weapon. However, I think that if I allowed an 11 year old to shoot my .300 Weatherby Magnum I would probably be accused of child abuse.

Caldoc
Old 05-28-2007, 09:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Californiadoctor

Although the S&W 500 is very powerfull for ahandgun, the fact that it took 8 shots over a 3 hour period to bring this animal down indicates a high powered rifle would have been a better, and more humane, choice for a weapon. However, I think that if I allowed an 11 year old to shoot my .300 Weatherby Magnum I would probably be accused of child abuse.

Caldoc
I knew eventually I would agree with you on something.

Old 05-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

And here's hogzilla!

Old 05-29-2007, 01:30 PM

the guy in the movie was not holding it properly because his arms were not braced right, and yes, rosie is the true hogzilla
Old 05-30-2007, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

i actually think thats its poor hunting skills and then they go and try to publicize it to the world saying that it took them 15 shots and 3 hours. thats just sounds like torture to me. i mean come on its a 50 caliber witha scope and he couldnt get the vitals and the second shot they should have let the guides kill it noticing he was not a very good personat shot placement
Old 05-30-2007, 09:19 AM

I have to say about the 50 cal pistol he was shooting and it loks like my custom shop S&W. Mine kicks a little less then my Taurus 44 Mag. It has quite a bit of weight and great grips on it. I have no problem shooting 40-50 rounds through it one after another. I dont wanna do many more then that but the recoil on it is managable. I have shot other 500's and they do have alot of recoil.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice hog. The kill........not so much. Before the next hog hunt, somebody needs to put in some more time at the range and working on shot placement.

Quick Reply: new hogzilla!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.