Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Who is a hot weather hunter (summer) >

Who is a hot weather hunter (summer)

Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Who is a hot weather hunter (summer)

Old 05-25-2007, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who is a hot weather hunter (summer)

My bud and I usually get into the woods early afternoon and wait for things to settle. We try to be near well established pig trails for their pre-dusk movements. In some areas you canalmost set your watch to when you'll hear the first squeals and grunts.

Since scent discipline is hard to maintain in a tropical forest/jungle, the wind is key. We check itA LOT, and often we come out of the woods withtalcum powder or corn starch sprinkled on hour boots fromour "whiffer" bottles.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

winter for us is anything less than 80 degrees
Old 05-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

This was me & son-in-law last June. We are heading out for Oklahoma again the 7th for a few days of Pig Bowhunting again. Beats just waiting for something to open up.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:52 AM

When is it not summer here in Texas? I just stay by the water source and wait for them, usually during night.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, the Porkapaloza is over & 8 Bowhunters dropped hogs of every size. I will post pics later. I had to leave early due to family member illness but 8 Bowhunters took (I think) 18 hogs.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man TEXAS SUMMERS are HOT, we still hunt pigs though. Mornings have been good to us in general.WATER is also good to hang out around, but we have been having so much rain lately, everything is wet.It's starting to getHOTso... lets say bye bye water everywhere.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

We hunt all year round on my ranch. Summer is hard on the hogs and the hunters, but we hunt mostly early and late, and set in the shade or a/c during the middle of the day. This year we have got a lot of rain and there is water in the creeks and all the ponds right now, so the hogs are in real good shape.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I continue to bowhunt through the summer so I have to really pay attention to the wind and scent control measures.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Typical Buck

I hunt them year around,but during the summer wallow hunting is my #1 tactic.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: TexasOaks

we have been having so much rain lately, everything is wet.It's starting to getHOTso... lets say bye bye water everywhere.
Ain't that the truth. I don't remember getting more rain than this ever! We (Greg, Russ, and I ) physically fought the mud to get to hunt last night. Woke up this morning and rain still hammering us. Good thing is, we had been under drought conditions, now we are suffering from mosquito bites.

Quick Reply: Who is a hot weather hunter (summer)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.