Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Tennessee hunt

Old 05-01-2007, 07:23 PM

Default Tennessee hunt

So I'm still over two months away from my big move to Florida, and the "hog fever" hasn't subsided. In June I'm heading to my uncle's in Crossville, TN to visit and do some fishing, and wouldn't you know there is what appears to be a nice hog lodge right where he lives! It is a guided outfitter that specializes in trophy Russians and Razorbacks. The place runs about $600 for a 3 day hunt. I just wanted some thoughts on if this would be a good place to get my feet wet, and if it would be worth it.

Thanks,
SH31
Old 05-14-2007, 07:54 PM

Default RE: Tennessee hunt

If you booked with Clarkrange, you'll get every penny's worth.

Here is a link to our hog hunting webpages.

I organize this hunt each year.

http://residents.bowhunting.net/Bowdad/mhhx.html
Old 05-14-2007, 07:56 PM

I used to hunt at Caryonah.

I won't go into the details as to why I switched.

Am I ever glad I started hunting at Clarkrange though. Mean, big, fast hogs.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

Clarkrange is a decent operation... but ya better be in shape, cuz them hills will kill ya!!!!

Rog - how come I aint gittin no mail from you... doncha loves me no mo??
Old 05-15-2007, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

I would stay away from all of east tenn hog hunting lodges.For one they are all high fence operations.Two i worked at the one in right out of crossville and i will tell you that they are a bunch of sorry sob's.When someone would order an exotic to hunt it and if it didn't come by there stand they would have me and a couple other guys walk the animal towards the hunter,in this case it was a water buffalo.It only took them one time for them to ask me that and i quit.I was the field care guy.We would go out and pick up the kill and take it and gut and skin it.Then haul it to the processor.So my advice go to a real place and hog hunt.Free ranging and wild hogs.Caryhona or Clark Range are not wild hogs,they are tame as can be.I live bout 45 mins from crossville and 30 from clarkrange.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Send (Jeff)gitrbayed http://www.gitrbayed.coma PM. He is inNE TN and also guides. These are free ranging Hogs. They use dogs!

He's in Washington, County and hunts all counties around it. I have been to Cooke and Servier many times and the hogs are big!

Old 05-16-2007, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Send (Jeff)gitrbayed http://www.gitrbayed.coma PM. He is in NW TN and also guides.
He's in Washington, County and hunts all counties around it.
Hey Reb, your facing the wrong way! Washington county is in eastern TN. The only hogs you're going to get over here in NW TN is outta the feedlot!
Old 05-16-2007, 08:25 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Gruntr Huntr

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Send (Jeff)gitrbayed http://www.gitrbayed.coma PM. He is in NW TN and also guides.
He's in Washington, County and hunts all counties around it.
Hey Reb, your facing the wrong way! Washington county is in eastern TN. The only hogs you're going to get over here in NW TN is outta the feedlot!
I'm so use to typing NW NC, thatI just typed NW TN.. My wife and family are from NW NC close to Cooke and Servier county TN...We usaully go twice a year.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:26 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: brushbustin

I would stay away from all of east tenn hog hunting lodges.For one they are all high fence operations.Two i worked at the one in right out of crossville and i will tell you that they are a bunch of sorry sob's.When someone would order an exotic to hunt it and if it didn't come by there stand they would have me and a couple other guys walk the animal towards the hunter,in this case it was a water buffalo.It only took them one time for them to ask me that and i quit.I was the field care guy.We would go out and pick up the kill and take it and gut and skin it.Then haul it to the processor.So my advice go to a real place and hog hunt.Free ranging and wild hogs.Caryhona or Clark Range are not wild hogs,they are tame as can be.I live bout 45 mins from crossville and 30 from clarkrange.
I agree. I went on one with Tn extreme and high would recommend you save some money, and go on a real hunt. All my friends and I on the way back from this hunt looked so disappointed. Disappointed in us High fense hunting and disappointed on the way they treated us.

I don't have any problems with people wanting to do a canned hunt. I just can't do it anymore. I still like preserve bird hunting.

Old 05-18-2007, 05:53 PM

Thanks for the great info. I was aware these places were high fence ops, but wasn't aware of the lengths they go to ensure a kill. I think I will wait for a more challenging and suitable environment to pop my cherry.