Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Does Hog Wild work?

Old 04-25-2007, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Does Hog Wild work?

Turkey season is over,so now it's time for me to try and get rid of the hogs I saw a couple of weeks ago on my property. Has anyone tried this stuff? Does it work okay? Ihave decided to go ahead and put something out.Me and my deer hunting partner are going to set up and try to get the sow and the boar. If the little ones come back looking for the sow, then we will try to pick them off also. I want them all gone. I thought about putting some out with corn Friday after work and hunt them this weekend. They will find it quick. I know exactly where they like to feed.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:03 AM

Default RE: Does Hog Wild work?

Yes it does work I have used it a many of times at our ranch. It is ok fordeer to eat to so it will not hurt your herd. But using attrantants like this need to be set out where there is fresh or good sign they are coming there often. Once this it put out leave italone for a couple of days for the hogs to find it and hit it hard, once they find it keep applying it and set up a trap or hunt there. You will start to have success on killing some.

2 Different Blends: Depending on the size you want to put, these two blendsare good for a 2 1/2 foot diameter spot about 8 to 12 inches deep, you want to cover up the spot with the mix with extra dirt so theydig for it

1. Use a bag of Hog Wild, a bag of brown sugar, 2 liters of Red Soda and mix with corn and dirt
Total Price: about $15.00

2. Use a Gallon of Pig Out , corn and dirt
Total Price: $10.00

Pig Out and Hog Wild can be bought at any Academy, Bass Pro or Cabelas Store
Old 04-25-2007, 11:30 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

Turkey season is over,so now it's time for me to try and get rid of the hogs I saw a couple of weeks ago on my property. Has anyone tried this stuff? Does it work okay? Ihave decided to go ahead and put something out.Me and my deer hunting partner are going to set up and try to get the sow and the boar. If the little ones come back looking for the sow, then we will try to pick them off also. I want them all gone. I thought about putting some out with corn Friday after work and hunt them this weekend. They will find it quick. I know exactly where they like to feed.
Hey, I thought you would like this. It gives you the daily weather for your area. The map is Clickable!
HOG WILD

Old 04-25-2007, 11:36 AM

Yep, it works.

It does not taste as good as it smells though.I've tried it.

Everytime I open a bag, I have the urge to spinkle some on my corn flakes.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

Everytime I open a bag, I have the urge to spinkle some on my corn flakes.
It always reminds me of grape Bubble Yum.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:45 PM

We're carrying Hog Heaven now too! It's like Hog Wild, but a little more berry and molasses smelling. Good stuff. I tried it by the feeders and got 70 something pictures in the first 3 days we had the feeder up.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

We have used it on my brothers ranch and there is no doubt that the hogs go for the Hog Wild. We use a pole hole digger and dig a hole at least a foot deep put the Hog Wild in the bottom mixed with a little corn. We then throw in some dirt a little more Hog Wild and a little more corn. We then fill the hole, pack it, cover it with football to basketball size rock and dead wood. The Hogs dig it out, all the way to the bottom.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: txmarshmonkey

Yep, it works.

It does not taste as good as it smells though.I've tried it.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

txmarshmonkey's story reminds me of something I did back when I was 5 or 6.

I was at my grandfather's place who was pouring some blackstrap molasses and some medicine for his cows into a "licker" (a metal tub with a plastic wheel set into the liquid. Cows lick the wheel, and it spinsintothe "goop") He told me it was like candy for the cows, so when his back was turned.....I stuck my fingers in the licker and got me abigold tongue full of "phthpthpth"....I only did it once. He laughed and told me if I did it again, I wouldn't be able to talk anymore but just mooolike the cows.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:54 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Hog Raider

1. Use a bag of Hog Wild, a bag of brown sugar, 2 liters of Red Soda and mix with corn and dirt
Total Price: about $15.00
Hog Raider, how much corn you using in this mix, and why the Red Soda?

Quick Reply: Does Hog Wild work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.