Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

ROSSI 92

Old 04-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default ROSSI 92

New to the forum and glad I found it. I have a ROSSI 92 in 357 caliber. I have shot many rounds through this rifle and it has proven to be very dependable as well as acurate. My question is this. Is this an effective rifle for hog huntin ? I live in southeast Texas and most shots taken are within 50 yards in heavy brush. My friends are scoffing at the idea that A hog can be taken with this rifle.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: ROSSI 92

ORIGINAL: jlsherr

New to the forum and glad I found it. I have a ROSSI 92 in 357 caliber. I have shot many rounds through this rifle and it has proven to be very dependable as well as accurate. My question is this. Is this an effective rifle for hog huntin ? I live in southeast Texas and most shots taken are within 50 yards in heavy brush. My friends are scoffing at the idea that A hog can be taken with this rifle.
jl, I mostly ran dogs for hogs, but havepopped a few hogs in the foreheadwith a Competition Rossi 971 in .357 at 25-35yds

Old 04-23-2007, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

Dogs are a great option, if you have the ****'S and I have friends that take that approach. I however, prefer stand hunting. At my age running does not work to well for me. NICE Hangun !
Old 04-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: jlsherr

Dogs are a great option, if you have the ****'S and I have friends that take that approach. I however, prefer stand hunting. At my age running does not work to well for me. NICE Hangun !
Notice how I started my post, "I Mostly ran Dogs".. I quit running dogs in 2001.Man, if you are older that me, you're one old Geezer!
Old 04-23-2007, 06:11 PM
Dominant Buck

BTW jl, welcome to the forum!
Old 04-23-2007, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

well, maybe I feel older than I really am. But the point remains the same.
I love hunting , and I love pork. And yes, by the grace of God we were all saved.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

Being new to this. How do I know if a reply has been sent to my post ?
Old 04-23-2007, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can just keep checking back or go to the forum you posted on, in this case "Hogs and Exotics" and check the number of replies and who the latest reply is from. Does that make sense? BTW, welcome!
Old 04-23-2007, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

It does. But if I am on several forums, How can I know ?
Old 04-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just bounce around and check back. I mostly use the bowhunting forum and this one with occasional trips to blackpowder etc. I think there may be a way to get notified of a response but I'm not sure. I'll try to find out and let you know. OK look at the bottom of the page where you reply. It says something about notify me by e-mail if someone replys. Thats what I was thinking of. Not too practical I guess. I don't use that feature.

Quick Reply: ROSSI 92

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.