Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Shot a nice eating sow!

Old 04-23-2007, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default Shot a nice eating sow!

Here's pic of a sow I shot Sat. morning. She's a woping 135 lbs.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Shot a nice eating sow!

WTG Strut! Congrat's Where?
Old 04-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

That would sure look good on a pit split in half. I have a couple left in the freezer right now that were around 60 lbs we split and the last one we cooked the meat fell off the bone.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

good going, what did you shoot it with?
Old 04-24-2007, 11:19 AM
Fork Horn

I'm in sebring rebel hog. and I shot it with my 7mm STW around 275 yrds. Don't really go "hog hunting", but my buddy has 800 acres and there are quite a few of them. That morning, I was actually going to turkey hunt, but saw 15 or so so I got my rifle off the ATV and shot 2 boars and this sow. The boars made it to the next property, but the buzzards are flying, so I may go get their teeth. One was really huge @ 300 lbs.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Dominant Buck

How far is Sebring form Fort Meade? I have friends with acreage in Ft. Meade.

Hey, just as well that the boars went next door, cause that heavy I consider them Dog Food!135lbs is a little bit heavier than I like, but will do alrightfor the pit!
Old 04-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Fork Horn

Rebel, ft meade is about 30 minutes away. A friend of mine has rights to 3000 acres over there across from the flywheelers park. They took two ice bucks this past year and sounds like I will get to do some hunting there too! Yea, we usually don't eat any of the boars unless they are bars, cuz they taste terrible! Not matter how big or small. The sow was pretty good, cooked up a strap yesterday, was good, tender. Just kept it iced down for a few days!
Old 04-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Fork Horn

Also by the way, took my sister out tonight and she shot a small boar, there were 6 others with it, but I didn't feel like cleaning any more pigs this week! LOL
Old 04-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

glad to hear you're letting your sister in on the hog killing.....congrats on the hog....to her too....
Old 04-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

Whatta ya kidding? My sister is a hog kill'n feen! She loves to shoot them and some how evry year, she kills the biggest, nastiest boar. She's recently moved up here to Cent. FL and now has learned that she will be cleaning what she shoots, so if she wants to shoot 4 or 5, she can clean them too! What do you think?

Quick Reply: Shot a nice eating sow!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.