Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Hill Country Texas Hunters??? >

Hill Country Texas Hunters???

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hill Country Texas Hunters???

Old 03-19-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Hill Country Texas Hunters???

I am new on this forum. Any Hill Country, Texashunters on here?I might need some help with hogs on our place. Traps? Night hunts? Let me know!
Old 03-19-2007, 05:04 PM

Default RE: Hill Country Texas Hunters???

dave, welcome to the best hunting site there is.........bout time u got registered.......lol
Old 03-19-2007, 05:55 PM

well for a fact there is one hill country hunter here i hunt in uvalde county texas you?well with night hunts we have a car battery hooked up to one of those fishing lights that are neon green and we have them rite under the feeder covered in a rectangular box so the light is spread under it/..we have killed several pigs that way and as for a trap the bigger the better i would say
Old 03-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a long time hill country hunter....we live in Burnet County. I've deer hunted in many areas of central, west, and south Texas....I'm new at hog hunting. I just sent a PM with more information.... Ray
Old 03-19-2007, 06:49 PM

Hey, Hoghunter!

Well looks like you just might be right! This site seems to have everything!!! Thanks, again.

Kidd, thanks for the info. From what I hear, hogs are taking over and I am trying to cut 'em off at the pass. I am gonna try rigging a lightthis weekend and shoot all I can! Hopefully, pictures to follow!
Old 03-19-2007, 07:08 PM

Ray,

pm sent
Old 03-19-2007, 07:46 PM

what really helps too... is what me and my hunter friends love to do and that is when there is a clear night and the full moon out adn it is almost as clear as day..go out and when you see them try to line them up and if not just aim straight for there head....are you doin this for meat or just to cut down the herd ...also make sure you take a flash light cus sometimes you might have to shine them if the clouds cover up
Old 03-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

FYI I've never built or used a hog trap but there is some good information on traps and trapping, bait, etc. at http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/wild/nuisance/feral_hogs/#trap
(I'd be glad to help someone build one)

If you haven't already, you might check out all of TPWD's info on feral hogs....good stuff. Ray
Old 03-20-2007, 06:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

I live in Houston. The deer lease I hunt is near Fredericksburg.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:44 AM

Ipscshooter,

How big is your lease? A ranch near ours is available if anyone interested. Might even lease it myself.

Thanks for the input, guys! Nice to know you are out there.

Quick Reply: Hill Country Texas Hunters???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.