" />

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

California Hunters

Old 03-09-2007, 10:33 AM

Default California Hunters

Hello all!

New to this part of the forum...

Do we have here any pig hunters from California?? If so, where do you guys hunt pigs in public land? Any pointers will be greatly appreciated by this novice hunter...

Thank you!

Old 03-09-2007, 11:16 AM

Default RE: California Hunters

I have read in the past. . .an old army base mid state. . .hunter ligot (SP?)?? I also have a buddie who has done some hog hunting on the west slope of the seirras this side of Tahoe. I haven't lived out that way for 10 years now so not too much help. . . .
Old 03-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Welcome to the forum!
Old 03-09-2007, 11:55 AM

Yes, there is Army base but has lots of restrictions and offer very limited hunting permits to the public...will keep looking...

Hey Rebel, I followed you advise and got myself one of each of these:

Hog Calling Instructional Tape - Use this tape for your hog hunting tactics and learn how to use the Knight & Hale Wild Hog Call.

Wild Hog Call - If you love hog hunting, the Knight & Hale wild hog call is the number one accessory for hog hunting. "
Thanks!
Old 03-09-2007, 07:17 PM
usa
Fork Horn

Rookiebowhunter, you're wrong about Fort Hunter Liggett, theres only some basic commonsense rules and the're open most weekend's. It's the cheapest pig hunting in Ca. and the permits arn't very limited, they're only limited to how many hunters can be in a training area at one time again just common sense.they also have terriffic turkey/deer/coyote and bobcat hunting plus elk if you are luckey in the draw.most other pig hunting is on private land with a fee between $300 to $1500, also Tejon Ranch has great pig hunting for about $400 a weekend. Forget public land hunting for pigs in Ca, there's some but basically you'll be taking your bow for a walk.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:46 AM

USA, thanks for the info, I will go and check the place out...You are right about public land...93% of the pigs get killed in private land...it's just that I can't afford it...I'll keep looking, maybe I get lucky!

Old 03-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Spike

Were in Cali are you??? I live in Central Cal. Depending on were you live you may need to start asking the farmers and ranchers in you area if they have any pig problems....I have gained access to two new ranches this year by just asking!!!! and it paid off already, last weekend I shot a nice 160# boar... Trust me the worst that can happen is they say NO!!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 12:37 PM

Hi,

I live in Concord, East from the Bay Area...not many ranches aroud here, but that's a good point, thank you!

If you ever need a hunting buddy, just let me know! By the way...I do bowhunting, but I would not mine just go out and learn...

Isaac
Old 03-15-2007, 05:30 PM

good luck mate

[email protected]
Old 03-17-2007, 03:47 PM
Typical Buck

I had the chance to hunt with five of the best bowhunters from the state of Cali this past week here in Texas....I would share a campfire with them anytime, They are all from Orange County and I would bet if you give Buzz a call at LongHorn 3-d Archery targets he might be able to help you out.....tell him Dale from Team Hips Archery Targets said HELLLLLOOOO!!!