Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 retake::: do calls work for pigs???? >

retake::: do calls work for pigs????

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

retake::: do calls work for pigs????

Old 03-08-2007, 04:10 PM

Default retake::: do calls work for pigs????

what can be better than the real live thing? I have trapped many,many hogs and have caugh the small boars in the pen and cut and marked them.also have had the sows and shoults squeel like mad foe 20 min. and longer while I worked on some of the others.
you mess with the pigletts and they squeel like your killing them.all that being said.

I have never had another hog come to me while doing that.I have got the sows outta the trap and then worked on shoults and pigs left in the pen.the sow leaves "WFO", the pigs squeel and she never comes back.

I have never, never , ever had a hog come to the real live squeels of the pigs in distress.

this is just my exprence, tomorrow they my put me up a tree, not not yet.

as far as being legal in Fla. to use a recorded device to take any game animal,I have never found a WMA. that does allow it.there may be one, but not that I know of.
you can use them to call non game, crows,coyotes,fox(but not to shot the fox), cat (in season).
Old 03-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: retake::: do calls work for pigs????

ORIGINAL: Tree climber

as far as being legal in Fla. to use a recorded device to take any game animal,I have never found a WMA. that does allow it.there may be one, but not that I know of.
you can use them to call non game, crows,coyotes,fox(but not to shot the fox), cat (in season).
Same here TC, and I have been taking Hogs in FLsince the early 50's before some of these young bucks were born.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

hehehe

guess we be just young bucks sowin our oats...

y'll act like there is no private land to hunt on in Fl...

and yes, I have not had any success with calls in FL for hogs.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Deleted

Self Deleted
Old 03-08-2007, 04:47 PM

When my kids are not getting along, I make them go to a bedroom and hold hands for 15-20 minutes. They usually get along fine when they come out. You guys are both on FL, what do ya say?
Old 03-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Self Deleted

Self Deleted
Old 03-09-2007, 04:09 AM
Fork Horn

You stated in another thread that e-calls are illegal in Florida... I pointed out that you were wrong... you changed your arguement to illegal in WMAs... I attempted to prove my point there as well, but as I stated in the other thread, if you asked several different FWC officers, you would get several different responses... the FWC Capt did admit that it was dependent on the particular WMA and how the FWC officer interprets that reg.

So, while I did not disprove your statement, I did not prove your statement either (re:WMAs). But, I did disprove your initial statement that e-calls are illegal in FL.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Sewer Rat

For someone professing to be Christ like..... ya sure is quick to insult.

You stated in another thread that e-calls are illegal in Florida... I pointed out that you were wrong... you changed your argument to illegal in WMAs... I attempted to prove my point there as well, but as I stated in the other thread, if you asked several different FWC officers, you would get several different responses... the FWC Capt did admit that it was dependent on the particular WMA and how the FWC officer interprets that reg.

So, while I did not disprove your statement, I did not prove your statement either (re:WMAs). But, I did disprove your initial statement that e-calls are illegal in FL. You apparently are too much of a curmudgeon to admit your mistake.

FYI - respect is earned... and you lost it with your last response to my post.
Alright, I have deleted my last post! I do admit that was uncalled for and I do apologize for it!

I have read all the back posts and do now seeyour point about me stating that they are Illegal in FL., but the fact remains that they cannot be used on WMA's while hunting Hogs.

I did callthe FWC and talked to the Captain which is in charge over all Game Districts and he said Definitely Not! If someonehas told you you can, go for it!

Like I mentiond before, I have been hunting Hogs in FL for over 45yrs and have neverused or have metany Hog hunter thatuses an Electronic Game Call on Hogs on WMA's or private property.

For everyone on this forum, I standcorrected by Sewer Rat onmy statement that Electronic game Calls are illegal in FL. They can be used on the Mammals listed in the FL Reg's.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

I edited my post as well.

We will continue to disagree... and I am not concerned, as one of the guys who hunts the same ranch as I isone of theFWC officers for my area.

And my source
Old 03-09-2007, 10:57 AM

Hey Rebel Hog, I sent you a PM did you get it by chance???

Quick Reply: retake::: do calls work for pigs????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.