Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 do calls or baiting work for pigs? >

do calls or baiting work for pigs?

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

do calls or baiting work for pigs?

Old 03-06-2007, 08:59 PM

Default do calls or baiting work for pigs?

i am going hunting for pigs in a month and i thought i would try something new for hunting pigs. there are a lot of pig calls out but i don't know if they work very well. any advice would help
Old 03-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: do calls or baiting work for pigs?

ORIGINAL: blacktaildeer

i am going hunting for pigs in a month and i thought i would try something new for hunting pigs. there are a lot of pig calls out but i don't know if they work very well. any advice would help
Hog Calling Instructional Tape - Use this tape for your hog hunting tactics and learn how to use the Knight & Hale Wild Hog Call.

Wild Hog Call - If you love hog hunting, the Knight & Hale wild hog call is the number one accessory for hog hunting.

Hog Squealer Call - Mimic the screams of a young hog in distress during your hog hunting and bring the adult hogs running.

Wild hog and Javelina Hunting Calls - Knight & Hale offer game calls for hog hunting such as wild hogs, large pigs and javelina.

Hog Bait Recipe
(Try this if shelled corn is not working! Must pre-bait and have hogs coming to the trap prior to setting the door trigger for best results!)[*]40-50 gallon metal trash can with lid[*]150 pounds of corn[*]8 pounds of sugar[*]1 packet of yeast[*]Optional: 4-5 packets of grape, strawberry or raspberry flavored Jello
Place corn in trash can, fill and maintain can with water 3"- 4" above corn. Mix in all other ingredients. Place trash can in the sun with lid on. Stir with a shovel or paddle daily for 10-14 days. Don’t spill the "finished" product on your clothes!! Ladle in and around trap and replenish as needed.
Source: Georgia Department of Natural Resources

Old 03-07-2007, 05:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Some one once suggested to me that I record domestic hogs feeding and then play that recording while hunting. I have yet to try it but I am very curious about it.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Some one once suggested to me that I record domestic hogs feeding and then play that recording while hunting. I have yet to try it but I am very curious about it.
Illegal in FL!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Fork Horn

Rebel hog... better check the regs again.... is legal for non-game animals (hogs), not for game animals.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Sewer Rat

Rebel hog... better check the regs again.... is legal for non-game animals (hogs), not for game animals.
Look on page 13 "Prohibited methods and equipment for taking game".. Hogs are considered Game on WMA's. Non-Gameon private property ONLY!
Old 03-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Fork Horn

http://askit.myfwc.com/cgi-bin/myfwc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2026&p_created=1139343424& amp;p_sid=qk5ujZvi&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTE mcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTgxJ nBfcHJvZHM9MCZwX2NhdHM9MCZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U 9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PWdhbWUgY2FsbHM*&p_li=&am p;p_topview=1

you are right regarding hogs and some WMAs, some WMAs they are considered big game... some WMAs the hogs are considered small game and can be called in with an e-call.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Taking or attempting to take any game with the aid of live decoys, recorded game calls or sounds, set guns, artificial light, net, trap, snare, drug or poison is prohibited. The operative phrase in this statement is "take any game".
Other mammals such as coyotes, raccoons, opossums, beavers, bobcats and otters are furbearers and may be taken using recorded game calls.

Hogs are considered Game while on FL WMA's and cannot be called in with Recorded Game Calls as Txjourneyman suggusted.

If I'm missing something here, post the WMA's in FLwhich permit it?
Old 03-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

I am not going to get into a pissing match with you.

check out the link.... then ask your question again. better yet, ask your local FWC officer.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Sewer Rat

I am not going to get into a pissing match with you.

check out the link.... then ask your question again. better yet, ask your local FWC officer.
Sewer Rat, I don't have to ask no FWC officer! You cannot use any recorded electronic devices for taking Hogs on any FLWMA's. In my last post I posted what it said in that site you posted.

I have been Running hog dogs for over 45yrs in FL and have killed many hogs in Lake Wales also. You say it can be done, do it!! I know better.

Like you said, no pissing contest, enough said!!!!

[blockquote]quote
Taking or attempting to take any game with the aid of live decoys, recorded game calls or sounds, set guns, artificial light, net, trap, snare, drug or poison is prohibited. The operative phrase in this statement is "take any game".
Other mammals such as coyotes, raccoons, opossums, beavers, bobcats and otters are furbearers and may be taken using recorded game calls.
[/blockquote]

Quick Reply: do calls or baiting work for pigs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.