Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Texas hunting..........

Old 03-01-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Texas hunting..........

I see several of you liars, um posters are from Texas.

My Father In Law lives at Lake Buchanon, n.w. of Austin. My wife and I lived in Dallas for a couple years and then moved to Washington state. We will probably go to TX in the next year or two for a visit. Can't wait to eat at Coooper's BBQ.Anyway, I know the deer are THICK around Lake Buchanon, but I am not really interested in that. I would LOVE to go hog hunting though if I could work it out.

So, are there hogs in this area? How difficult is it to find a place to hunt? Would also really like to do some bird hunting. We'll see.

Thanks for any info.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Texas hunting..........

Texas Feral Hog Management Association
Old 03-02-2007, 05:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey cascade try this www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/index.htm you may find a place there. If not just PM me before you come down and I'll make sure you have a place to hunt. I'll bring you out to my lease. It may be a couple hour drive from where you will be though.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hmmmmmmmmmm

We will probably go to TX in the next year or two for a visit.
Nah stay in Washington we dont like ya opening attitude

Can't wait to eat at Coooper's BBQ.
That burnt to the ground if not we will make sure it does just before you get here

Old 03-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

Hmmmmmmmmmm

We will probably go to TX in the next year or two for a visit.
Nah stay in Washington we dont like ya opening attitude

Can't wait to eat at Coooper's BBQ.
That burnt to the ground if not we will make sure it does just before you get here
And have the REV recite at his hole in the ground!
Old 03-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Man you guys are just too rough on an ole Yankeeeeeeeee...Sounds like Russ has been hanging round the ole Rev too long.. He's getting crotchety in his old age. And Reb, we already knew you was crotchety, you old buzzard.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:42 PM

I will keep my eye onTFHMA. Hopefully you guys will get some cooperation from some of the land owners. Seems that everything these days is for the almighty $$$$$$$$.

Ausie-guy

I was just kiddin, please don't burn down Cooper's.

http://www.coopersbbq.com/

txjourneyman

Thanks for the info and the offer. 2 hour drive is nothing.I used to drive 45 minutes to work when I lived in Dallas.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Crap I should not have opend that link now I am hungry but I aint drivin to Dallas that place sucks and there aint enough money to get me to go there
Old 03-02-2007, 04:24 PM

Cooper's is in Llano, not Dallas. I think if you drive straight south, you will get there.

I lived in Dallas for 2 years and I had to get out. I LOVED the food there though. I was a single guyand that is where I met my wife. We ate out ALL the time. I think my favorite was Spring Creek BBQ in N. Dallas. Oh, excuse me for a second while I wipe the drool off my keyboard.

You guys keep posting all the hog hunting stories and pictures. I really enjoy them and do look forward to a Texas hunt someday.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man I wouldn't even put Spring Creek in the same class as Coopers! Metroplex bbq is blah!Fast food for the masses is just that fast!Coopers is a slow cooked grub for a slower paced lifestyle.There is some nice high-end food in the city but ya gotta love country cookin!All I can get where I'm at is tacos and burritos!

Quick Reply: Texas hunting..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.