Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

1 arrow 2 kills?

Old 02-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default 1 arrow 2 kills?

I had a chance tonight to shoot at a piglet that weighed maybe 10lbs. Another one of the litter was right beside him. I was wondering as I sat there with my bow drawn if I could get both. My bow has plenty of KE to get pass throughs on both of them is what I was thinking. I let down hoping for momma to come out in the open. She never did so I went home empty handed. Made me wish I tried foer the double. Oh well, like the song says, "Hindsights 20/20". Russ, I was sitting on the barrel. That stand down there needs some work. The base of it is twisted sideways and its even more wobbly than it was. I think a hog rubbed up on it or the wind blew it pretty bad.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:10 PM

Default RE: 1 arrow 2 kills?

When I was living in TX I was pig hunting and shot a sow. The arrow came out teh back side but didn't pass through, when she jumped in the air she stuck a smaller pig in the renal artery. The smaller pig bled out and died in about 15 yards, the sow went 20. It was my first time pig hunting and my son was in the stand with me. Neither of us could believe I had gotten two pigs w/ one arrow! Made for a great story back at camp too!
Old 02-28-2007, 02:29 AM

i woulda had to try fer 2, bet ya coulda done it too......
Old 02-28-2007, 04:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Greg I would have taken the shotyou would have blasted through both of them, I have got 2 with one shot before they where both around the 100lb mark.

Yeah that stand was real wobbley in that wind on saturday thats why I got down

Oh I cant make it tomorrow I forgot my wife has a Dr appointment maybe Friday, Kyle has to check with his boss tho
Old 02-28-2007, 05:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Lets get inventive. I am going for an ear shot to see if I can put her down on the spot. With the KE I have I am liable to take off half the head.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:14 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

You would have got both. My brother did it in Africa with a litter of warthogs. About 45 lbs, pass through onboth at 22 yards.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Hogs that size, you would of had a shish-cabob, (or how ever you spell it).
Old 02-28-2007, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, that was the picture in my head. If a third had gotten lined up I would have taken the shot. There just wasn't enough meat to shoot the two of them!
Old 02-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

There just wasn't enough meat to shoot the two of them!
I bet Mr Yote would not have complained about not enough meat
Old 02-28-2007, 06:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Cavguy

When I was living in TX I was pig hunting and shot a sow. The arrow came out teh back side but didn't pass through, when she jumped in the air she stuck a smaller pig in the renal artery. The smaller pig bled out and died in about 15 yards, the sow went 20. It was my first time pig hunting and my son was in the stand with me. Neither of us could believe I had gotten two pigs w/ one arrow! Made for a great story back at camp too!
Bet ya can't do that again!

Quick Reply: 1 arrow 2 kills?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.