Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Found this little guy this weekend >

Found this little guy this weekend

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Found this little guy this weekend

Old 02-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Found this little guy this weekend

He was out catching a little sunlight.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Found this little guy this weekend

Here it is February and them suckers are moving about already. Dang. I went out hog hunting tonight. Sweat and mosquitoes! In FEBRUARY!
Old 02-28-2007, 12:13 AM
Fork Horn

That's a good eating size. I walked up on one about this size one night and found out how fast I could run backwards through mesquite! I was pretty fast. When I got a light on him, I shot him with a .22 and took him home for supper.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

That is early and your almost a yankee way up North...... One reason I always wear snake boots.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Yep, they shouldnt be out yet. Heck, Sweetwater hasnt even had the round up yet. The snakes should still be in the dens. It has been warm, but not long enough for the rattlers to mover from the dens. I wonder if this is a sign that its going to start getting hot. Arrrggggg, im not ready for the heat. Yesterday was 84 here and I was in a grumpy mood all day.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Maybe that Bozo Al Gore was right... Global warming!
Old 02-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

This one was still close to the den. He was out on a rock that morning, then when I went back to find him and take a picture that afternoon, he had moved down in the leaves. He was VERY hard to see where he was. When I kneeled down to take a picture, he tried to make a run for the den, so I had to catch him and reposition him so I could take a picture.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: North Texan

This one was still close to the den. He was out on a rock that morning, then when I went back to find him and take a picture that afternoon, he had moved down in the leaves. He was VERY hard to see where he was. When I kneeled down to take a picture, he tried to make a run for the den, so I had to catch him and reposition him so I could take a picture.
Jeff you are a better man than me. If that would have been me, we would be calling that snake "Dearly Departed" ... I'd a had a little funeral right there on the spot.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice picture. I remember seeing one like that when I was out dove hunting; guess it decided to have dove for dinner after I went out to retrieve it (guessing it landed near the snake)
Old 03-01-2007, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've had one eat a dove I shot one time. The dove didn't die and ran into some prickly pears. I looked and looked for the dove where it landed, then started looking around in the pear pile. There was a medium sized rattlesnake in the middle of the prickly pears, and he had a mouthfull of dove.

Quick Reply: Found this little guy this weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.