Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Hogs hunting around Austin, Fort Hood, or Killeen >

Hogs hunting around Austin, Fort Hood, or Killeen

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hogs hunting around Austin, Fort Hood, or Killeen

Old 02-20-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Hogs hunting around Austin, Fort Hood, or Killeen

I may be coming out to this area in early May to visit a family member stationed in the Army down that way. I thought it would be fun to take him hog hunting if I could find a place to do it and the time. If anyone knows of a place around the area that runs hounds with hog hunting, I would greatly appreciate the contact information. Thanks.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:37 PM

Default RE: Hogs hunting around Austin, Fort Hood, or Killeen

PM SENT
Old 02-20-2007, 03:31 PM

Hogmess,
I never received a PM. Can you please resend or send me an email at [email protected]
Old 02-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

wabash, I know there are hogs on Ft Hood. Try contacting the bases public information office. They may be able to point you in the right direction. There are special permits required to hunt there and you must have Hunters Ed. Also try the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. They have a lot of public land in Tx including Lake Whitney in Bosque, Hill, and Johnson Counties. Try calling 817-886-1566 for the USA corps office or www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/index.htm good luck and let me know what you find. Greg EDIT: I didn't notice your desire to use dogs. Sorry, the info I sent will not help you.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:03 PM

Thanks for the info. Dogs aren't necessary. Just would enjoy them. I will look into that info. Thank you very much.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:12 PM

I think it went through this time...
Old 02-20-2007, 07:34 PM

Got it thanks.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check out the thread below Texas Feral Hog Management Association ....you might consider joining the TFHMA and something might come up for you in May..... just a thought. Ray
BTW, please thank your service member for their service to our country. I don't live far from Ft. Hood and they come through our town frequently in convoys....at a restaurant or WalMart or wherever I shake their hand and thank them. Ray
Old 02-21-2007, 05:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good deal Ray. I am taking an active duty guy out to try for a hog this evening. He got home from Afganistan a few months ago and was recently told he is going to Iraq. These guys will always go to the top of the list!
Old 02-21-2007, 08:02 AM

My cousin got back from Iraq in November after being there for a year. I hadn't gotten to see him until last weekend so it was nice to see him and I thought it would be fun to go see him down in Texas while he is stationed down there. He said they are talking about sending them back again. No fun, but of course I appreciate his and everyone elses service. They truly do give up a lot.

Quick Reply: Hogs hunting around Austin, Fort Hood, or Killeen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.