Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

What is it?

Old 02-18-2007, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is it?

Well, it looks like everyone else is in the same boat as my family. My brothers think it is a calf and I think it is a pig. It looks too long and short to be a calf to me. Also the head and neck look more like a pig. I have a hard time figuring out how anyone can think it is a calf and was sure I would post here and everyone would say it was a pig and I would win my argument!

If we throw out the hybrid vote we have 4 people so far saying it is a pig and 3 saying it is a calf. Not enough to sway any votes in the family.

That picture was taken by the realtor I'm buying the land from, so I sent him an email asking if he remembers what it is and if he has a higher resolution version of the picture so we can hopefully solve the issue.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Fork Horn

I think it's a cow. The line of the back is too straight, the girth around the neck behind the jaws is too narrow, the legs are too longand the shape of the head is a cow.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Dominant Buck

No dought, a calf.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd say, hog
Old 02-19-2007, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

a cow............
Old 02-19-2007, 04:45 AM

mtn lion
Old 02-19-2007, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bigfoot ...taking a dump
Old 02-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, so far we have 2 strikes on getting a conclusive answer to end the speculation. I emailed the realtor and the seller and neither remembered taking the picture. The realtor said it looked like a pig to him and the seller said it looked like a calf to him. The realtor is going to check around some more and see if he can figure out who took the picture but we will probably never get a definite answer on this it seems.

I did go out to the property on Saturday to look around again and actually did see 3 pigs during the day and they didn't seem all that afraid of me. They were probably 25 yards away when I saw them.

I think that whoever took the picture must have wanted that animal in the picture because if it was a calf, it would have been easy to wait a little and take the picture without a big cow butt in the other side of the picture.

Also in one of the other pictures in the listing, there is a road runner in the picture and I would think having wildlife would be a selling point on a property so that would be why the picture with the pig would have been included.

Also I think the animal is too short to be a calf. The back does seem rounded a bit to me and the animal is longer than it is tall and that also would not be correct if it was a calf.

I guess we didn't end any speculation so far and won't until we figure out who took the picture. It doesn't really matter but my curiosity is peaked.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:02 PM

Looks like a hog standing on the side of a hill to me.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Okay, I zoomed the first picture up to 200% and the 2nd is at 400%. I just can't see how people think it is a calf.

200%:

400%:

There is a shadow on the side of the pig that makes it look almost black but it has a classic curved back and is very low to the ground. Most of the body is covered by the bush and I think that is part of the reason we aren't agreeing on what it is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.