Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hogs and Exotics
 Texas Feral Hog Management Association >

Texas Feral Hog Management Association

Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Texas Feral Hog Management Association

Old 02-16-2007, 09:05 AM

Default RE: Texas Feral Hog Management Association

TFHMA is great idea. Your site looks very nice as well.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Cool. I sure hope this takes off... Good luck!
Old 02-16-2007, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

This does sound like a good idea. It will be important to screen your hunters and your landowners to make it work.

I'm curious about the 7,000 acres in Lubbock county as well. I liveabout 15miles southeast of town on 42 acres on the canyon and haven't seen a single wild pig in 7 years and I've seen deer, turkey, coyotes, bobcat, geese, cranes, quail, dove, etc. Not sure where there is a place with 7,000 acres that would have much of a pig population. Most of Lubbock county is flat open cotton fields.

FWIW, Nathan
Old 02-16-2007, 02:42 PM

I joined as well or am in the process of joining. I doubt I will ever come down to hunt, I live in Indiana, but I thought I would support you guys. Good Luck with this, I hope it takes off for you.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Nadean

This does sound like a good idea. It will be important to screen your hunters and your landowners to make it work.

I'm curious about the 7,000 acres in Lubbock county as well. I liveabout 15miles southeast of town on 42 acres on the canyon and haven't seen a single wild pig in 7 years and I've seen deer, turkey, coyotes, bobcat, geese, cranes, quail, dove, etc. Not sure where there is a place with 7,000 acres that would have much of a pig population. Most of Lubbock county is flat open cotton fields.

FWIW, Nathan
All I can tell you is his son is an Ag extension agent, he gave me his dads number. The rancher has most of the land leased out for quail right now. He told me he has a serious hog problem. They have been trapping hogs and can't get rid of them. I told him we had a lot of bow hunters, he just laughed. He said your going to need more an a bow to kill all the hogs I have on my place..

So I can't tell you where he's at. I know I am going to have to screen hunters. Before any arrangement is made I will personally meet the landowner, and insure the hunter is a straight up guy.. I will have to weed out the bad apples. I will need to have references and they will be checked.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey guys the response has been overwhelming. Please bear with me as all this is just coming together. I still have to make up all the rules and regulations. I still havesome of Ag. Agents to visit and before I send anyone to a ranch. I want to personally go and visit and make sure they are on the up and up.

Bear with me, these things take some time.. Any lawyers that want to help draw up some liability exclusions your more than welcome to email me.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Rev have you checked in Crane and Ector co.? I see alot of hogs here...problem is the dove leasee's want everything to lease! Not many ranches just hugh properties!The sand country of Crane county has hogs running out the seams.Midland county maybe a good one to look into.You find the area and I can help scout it if need be.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

Hey Rev have you checked in Crane and Ector co.? I see alot of hogs here...problem is the dove leasee's want everything to lease! Not many ranches just hugh properties!The sand country of Crane county has hogs running out the seams.Midland county maybe a good one to look into.You find the area and I can help scout it if need be.

Yes I did. Crane Co. is Wade Kirkwood and Ector is James Word...
Old 02-17-2007, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

Excellent idea and I just requested my App.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:01 AM

yes ive been in contact and was wondering if anyone has heard anythingabout the hogs around . i cant afford to pay these guided hog hunts anymore

Quick Reply: Texas Feral Hog Management Association

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.