Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Meat hunt question

Old 02-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Spike

Default Meat hunt question

Guys,
I might go huntinggame farm ina weekand would like to know your opinion on meat taste (which do you think isbetter):
White Texas Dall
Black Hawaiian
Barbado
White Ram

Thanks

Old 02-06-2007, 06:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Meat hunt question

My honest opinion... None of the above.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Fork Horn

Volf,

Go get a speed goat in Wyoming you will like the taste much better,

Seriously I have a friend who owns a large ranch in Texas.They are all free range and tons of them. I have shot all those you have listed. I myself don't taste much difference between them.

Goatslayer.....
Old 02-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Volf

Guys,
I might go huntinggame farm ina weekand would like to know your opinion on meat taste (which do you think isbetter):
White Texas Dall
Black Hawaiian
Barbado
White Ram

Thanks

If Ijust had to eat oneof them, and it's my opinion only.. I would eat the Barbado... But that's only my opinion. I put them all in a class with an antelope. ( not very good to eat)
Old 02-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had one experience with any of the above.My father and I went deer hunting and the folks let us hunt free...very nice people...we were leaving and they ask us to stay for dinner or they would be offended.Dad says ok and we plop down and says "what we havin?" they said barbado and the look on pops face made me worry!We ate and thanked them for dinner and the hunt and headed home.We made it to the gate and dad had a beer out gargling!We struggled 2 1/2 hours home and proceeded to get bombed once we got here trying to get the taste out of our mouth! Dad ended up shaving his mustache the next day to rid himself of some of the odor! I just tried the projectile vomit idea the next morning...not due to the mutton just too much cerveza! We still laugh over that event,but I think most of the bad flavor comes from fat left on meat.The sight of dear ole dad washing his mustache out with beer on the side of the road was priceless!
Old 02-08-2007, 09:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

I had one experience with any of the above.My father and I went deer hunting and the folks let us hunt free...very nice people...we were leaving and they ask us to stay for dinner or they would be offended.Dad says ok and we plop down and says "what we havin?" they said barbado and the look on pops face made me worry!We ate and thanked them for dinner and the hunt and headed home.We made it to the gate and dad had a beer out gargling!We struggled 2 1/2 hours home and proceeded to get bombed once we got here trying to get the taste out of our mouth! Dad ended up shaving his mustache the next day to rid himself of some of the odor! I just tried the projectile vomit idea the next morning...not due to the mutton just too much cerveza! We still laugh over that event,but I think most of the bad flavor comes from fat left on meat.The sight of dear ole dad washing his mustache out with beer on the side of the road was priceless!