HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hogs and Exotics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics-73/)
-   -   most shots taken to kill a pig? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hogs-exotics/177918-most-shots-taken-kill-pig.html)

blacktaildeer 01-29-2007 08:13 PM

most shots taken to kill a pig?

i have to admit i have taken up to 4 shots on a pig. i am a good shot but it was just one of those days were i couldn't ketch a break.The pig wason a full sprint when i hit it the 2nd time, my last shot finally brought it down at 280 yards.i usually don't take running shots but i had already nicked the lb boar and i didn't want it to suffer to much.

Rebel Hog 01-29-2007 08:52 PM

RE: most shots taken to kill a pig?

When I shoot, ONE! 99% of the time, I use the knife!:)

The Rev 01-30-2007 07:49 AM

My business partner called me one morning and told me he'd shot a pig. When I got there we looked for it. We couldn't find a blood trail or anything. I asked where he shot it, "I don't know" he replied. He saw the pig limp away. I told him next time to kill it, make it is dead before you call me. He told me he didn't want to waste any meat, I told him, "it's just a hog, kill it!"
He called that night, He said, I have a pig on the ground. When I got there, he had shot it's snot off, one hind leg, and gut shot it at least once... He said, "You told me to kill it" and he did. :D:D:D:D

2footroper 01-30-2007 02:17 PM

3 piggies, 3 shots,[1 shot each]all dead. 2 at a dead run from about 50 yards with a 22mag. 1 walking at me at 150 yards with 243.

burniegoeasily 01-30-2007 02:42 PM

I shot one once with my 300 wby at a little over 100 yards. I had loaded bonded bullets to keep them from going ballistic. I guess there was too much velocity, the bullet hit a little on the shield and exploded. The 180 grain bullet shattered the whole shoulder and most of the right lung. The hog went down like a rock. I went to check out the hog and it was perfectly alive and breathing out smoke from my first shot. I put three more bullets from the old Wby in its heart and it finally died. They are tough creatures.

nmhuntr 01-30-2007 07:34 PM

Well to tell the truth I'm so ugly I just look at'em and they drop dead. My girl friend has the same ability but I quit taking her cause she tears the meat up to bad.

Red Hawk 01-30-2007 09:42 PM

One shot :)

rebelmaxx 01-31-2007 08:35 PM

i shot one in tennessee last saturday. it was my first hog kill. it was only 75 yards when i hit him through both shoulders broadside with a .338 winchester magnum with 200 grain winchester soft points. he took a few steps and i hit him with a second shot, then he turned toward me and started in my direction so i gave him another and he went down. he was still upright though andbreathing, so i "paid the insurance" with one more through the backbone, finishing the job. they are a very tough animal. when he was being skinned it revealed that the first shot had exploded the heart. they can really absorb the lead.