Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

pork in the fridge

Old 01-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default pork in the fridge

i was on a hunt at buddys lease in centerville tx, doin a spot and stalk on a whim walked two the edge of a gully and busted out a good size hog she run about 60 yards stoped and made a good neck shot and droped her then the fun started when we had 2 drag the pig up the muddy bank of the gully wish we had a rope lol est weight close two 200 pounds not a hogzilla but desent enuff for me sorry no pic forgot my camera on the trip
Old 01-15-2007, 07:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: pork in the fridge

Excellent! But that is too much work for a pig. Quarter that thing out and pack it out. I keep those heavy duty construction trash bags in my back pack. I cut out what I want, and leave the rest for the buzzards or the other hogs, and off I go. I can roll everything in the trash bag, and tie it to the back of the back pack. Works good.
Bob <><
Old 01-15-2007, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

We hunt just North of you between Centerville and Buffalo. There are a whole lot of pigs up there. THat is a good sized pig for eating. I just cooked a 80 lb pig this weekend. One guy was sying it was the best pork he ever tried.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:20 PM

ORIGINAL: JeffS

We hunt just North of you between Centerville and Buffalo. There are a whole lot of pigs up there. THat is a good sized pig for eating. I just cooked a 80 lb pig this weekend. One guy was sying it was the best pork he ever tried.
How did you cook it?
Old 01-15-2007, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

We threw part of it on a pit and the rest we cooked in the oven due to the rain. The meat was so tender it was falling off of the bone.