Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Raise Wild Hog

Old 12-30-2006, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default Raise Wild Hog

how big of a pen do i need to raise a wild boar big enough to shoot possibly mount and eat.

after its big enough ill release on aranch wait a week or so then hunt it with my 45-70
Old 12-31-2006, 10:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Raise Wild Hog

ORIGINAL: okboarhunter

how big of a pen do i need to raise a wild boar big enough to shoot possibly mount and eat.

after its big enough ill release on my buds ranch wait a week or so then hunt it with my 45-70
If you raise it long enough it won't be wild anymore. Just go and hunt one that big. That is something then to brag about, certainly not one raised, then shot. Just my opinion.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

o isee i thought about that. but wat if its a russian or eurasion NOT a FERAL
Old 12-31-2006, 02:22 PM

Some guy north of the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge catches wild hogs and pens them up. These are European orRussian boars or both. His place is by the road. Those hogs are still very wild. He has dozens of them in every size.

Do you know how wild boars got to be in southwestern OK?
Old 12-31-2006, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

see thats what i thought cause people catch them and then raise and sell and there are still wild just like rams and other game
Old 12-31-2006, 04:13 PM

i've lived around the wichitas all my life,and i believe the man you are thinking about had all his hogs killed by the state after they were found to have sudorabies and brucilosis.ALL 200 plus of them!!!
as the Rev was saying gettin out and hunting the hogs in the wild isthe only way to go.i've got 15 in the pen that we have caught over the last couple months and believe me they are still wild with the exception of a big sow that wags her tail and comes to the fence at feeding time. if ya evre wantto go for an exciting real hunt just gimmme a call.UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL with dogs and hands.he he he
Old 12-31-2006, 06:45 PM

I think it woud be plenty of fun and sportingto let the pig in your pen and keep it for 6 months or so if the ranch you put it onat least 400 acres, When I ever butcherpigs or something I dont just walk up to it and blow its head, since I put them on650 acre ranches I take my65 ib bow for pigs andmakeit a hunt because Idont have to feed them on the huge ranchthey dont have much human contact and they arealmost aswild as a wild boar,Once it took me 3 weekends to shoot 2 pigs one charging at 40 yards and the other quartering away at 60 yards
Old 12-31-2006, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

ill go huntin when?
ORIGINAL: okie 1

i've lived around the wichitas all my life,and i believe the man you are thinking about had all his hogs killed by the state after they were found to have sudorabies and brucilosis.ALL 200 plus of them!!!
as the Rev was saying gettin out and hunting the hogs in the wild isthe only way to go.i've got 15 in the pen that we have caught over the last couple months and believe me they are still wild with the exception of a big sow that wags her tail and comes to the fence at feeding time. if ya evre wantto go for an exciting real hunt just gimmme a call.UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL with dogs and hands.he he he
Old 12-31-2006, 09:07 PM

deer season is over and its time to start after emhard and heavy.got over 30 dogs just jerkin at the chain.we will probably go in the morn after the frost is gone.where abouts are u located?
Old 12-31-2006, 10:15 PM
Fork Horn

Morrison by Stillwater ok where you loocated

you got a dog i can breed my walker to?

Quick Reply: Raise Wild Hog

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.