Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Broadhead?

Old 08-04-2006, 11:02 AM
Typical Buck

Default Broadhead?

Which braodhead have you all used and liked the best on hogs? I am going to be hunting some hogs in the future and I am wanting to know which heads are best for hogs. I normally use mech's (Scorpion XP) for deer, but I am not sure if they would do well on a hog. Thanks.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Broadhead?

ORIGINAL: MILLERTIME10

Which braodhead have you all used and liked the best on hogs? I am going to be hunting some hogs in the future and I am wanting to know which heads are best for hogs. I normally use mech's (Scorpion XP) for deer, but I am not sure if they would do well on a hog. Thanks.
Broadheads on hogs?
Old 08-04-2006, 12:47 PM

I am with you . We are covered up with pigs on our lease and I have been preparing to use Rocky Mtn Snyper's. I guess the best rule of thumb is make good shots.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

I use two different ones. Thunderhead 125 grain... and Grim reapers Mechanicals 125 grain...They both do the job just fine.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've never used a mechanical. Muzzy 3 blade 100gr has dropped a bunch of hogs for me. I agree with the 1/4 away shot or straight broadside behind the shoulder. Another shot I like if I'm within 20yds is right behind the ear. That drops them right now.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:36 AM
Typical Buck

Has anyone ever used the Slick Trick broadhead? They look really well built, and looks like they will penetrate very well. The reviews say they will fly straight and penetrate deep. I have heard the muzzy's have a tendency to fly eradically on some setups.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

I'm a firm believer in Muzzy 100 gr. 3-blade broadheads. I have killed lots of deer and hogs with them. They really are "Bad to the bone". Had a hunter on our ranch a while back kill a couple hogs with Tekan 2 mechanical broadheads, really did a number on them. Killed both hogs with same broadhead, I was impressed.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

Magnus Stinger Buzzcut
Old 08-10-2006, 11:59 AM
Spike

Please do not use a mechanical unless you are shooting 75lbs plus. Hogs have alot of fat and close up holes easily.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:29 PM
Dominant Buck

I have used a whole gambit of them through the years. Ive used Bear 2 blades, thunderheads, muzzy 3 blades,tekkie 3 blades, first cut 2 blades, nap spitfire, nap shockwaves, steal heads, and eagle mechanicals. My favorite is the spitfires and shockwaves. All work great though, the only issue you might consider is cut diameter and shot placement. Stick with the smaller cut diameters for penetration and stay out of the shield. If you do so, you will have no problem.

Quick Reply: Broadhead?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.