Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

hog skull ?

Old 07-06-2006, 08:05 PM

Default hog skull ?

ok i have a question i killed my first hog. i tryed to boil the skull and that was to much like work so i desided to let the bugs do the work. and thy did a good job after a week it is very clean so i went to pick it up and boil it to make it white and some of the teeth fell out so how do i keep the teeth in. do i need to glue them in. and do i glue them defore i boil it or after or is there some other way to keep them in thanks for the help
Old 07-07-2006, 03:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hog skull ?

yes you need to glue em in......i always do that kind of stuff after.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

I have never boiled a skull. Always wanted to try. What do you boil them in? Does any body have a good boiling recipe?
Old 07-07-2006, 04:56 PM
Banned

I had the same thing happen with a bear skull. I just glued them back in. Bugs clean them up pretty good. Then you can boil and bleach HCH
Old 07-07-2006, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dhays

I have never boiled a skull. Always wanted to try. What do you boil them in? Does any body have a good boiling recipe?
i use salt water, but regular ol water works, theonly thing i can say is do not over boil it........the smaller bones will soften.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't boil. I bury. Bury it for about 10 months under 2 feet of earth. It'll come out white as paper.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

i did the burying thing, the raccoons stole my cutters........boiling will ensure the safety of your cutters, lol.....and it's quicker.....
Old 07-08-2006, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just got started with my beetle colony just threw a white tail head in the tank should come out clean with no work on my part
Old 07-08-2006, 01:00 PM

boil in water and baking soda.. .. Make sure to put the teeth back in ASAP...once the skull starts to dry it shrinks and you will not be able to get the teeth back in. Glue them if you want but the skull shrinkage will keep them in.. Only use a little super glue when you do glue them.

Boiling alone will not whiten the skull...Never bleach Use peroxide to whiten.. Once completely dry, get a can of clear coating and spray the skull.. This will keep the skull from yellowing.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rankbull

I just got started with my beetle colony just threw a white tail head in the tank should come out clean with no work on my part
I've never used beetles. Can you buy these? Where?

Quick Reply: hog skull ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.