Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Alabama Hogs?

Old 05-28-2006, 11:00 PM

Default Alabama Hogs?

Are there any hot spots in AL for feral hogs? Eastern Miss? Any knowledge of productive public land or good outfitters would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 05-31-2006, 11:50 PM

Default RE: Alabama Hogs?

I always wondered about Alabama. Seems like there should be a bunch there, but I never hear anybody talk about it. It would be nice to know since people are always coming to me asking where to go in their area.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are becoming a problem in several areas of the state; just like everywhere else they move into. Some of my AL contacts tell me areas along the Alabama R. in Montgomery Co. have hogs. Try check in Chilton Co. with some peach growers. I've seen pix of some nice hogstaken in Bullock Co.

Heck, just call a few ag extension agents in a few counties. They should be able to point you to landonwers with hog problems. Good luck and good hunting.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:35 PM

I have a buddy that got one this past deer season with is gun in a hunting club. It was in Cleburne County it had 3" tusk and he said it weighed 300lbs put i dont know that for sure it looks good on is will
Old 06-13-2006, 05:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

I did an engine search on hog hunting in Alabama.. there are tons of outfitters.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

There's an outfitter in NE MS. near the AL. state line who offers whitetial hunts mostly but has some hog hunts but he is kind of pricey. The place is called McKenna Outfitters.
www.mckennaoutfitters.com

For public land hunts on the east side of MS. I have alwaya heard that the Pascagoula River WMA had good hog hunting and also on theeast sideof LA. the Honey Island Swamp WMA had some good hog hunting too. Go to this site and these boys can tell you where the hogs are in MS. http://msoutdoors.proboards27.com/index.cgi?
Old 06-30-2006, 12:01 AM

Try swampland in the black belt. They are a major problem where i hunt. I hunt in lowndes county not to far from the river and right beside big swamp creek. Would have you come down and shoot some but its not my land. But anywhere along rivers, swamp, and the black belt they are there.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:43 PM

Here in North Alabama Hogs seem to be thriving.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:04 AM

Exoman, you know much of them in the Bankhead area; Black Warrior WMA? thanks.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:40 PM

I know some public land with a bunch of hogs on it, but I'm keeping my mouth shut. There is a lot of land with them on it, just do some scouting and talking to people. I've killed 6 in the past 2 years. One day I had thrity of them run by me, I got 2 that day.

Good luck
Chad

Quick Reply: Alabama Hogs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.